All Day Baby

Yah, I think for the most part food talkers will cut some slack to new restaurants and concepts, but that banh xeo photo looked like a crime scene. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Possibly a bad idea to open a new restaurant (or sub-restaurant) on Labor Day weekend.

Somebody posted a photo of an uncarbonized banh xeo on Yelp, though their rolls didn’t look properly fried.

1 Like

So I have to agree with @PorkyBelly , gf and I had dinner there last Saturday. The rolls were flaccid, odd chicken texture and over salted. It came out with 2 and a half Romain leaves which like you all have said is a complete opposite of the entire garden you receive at other Vietnamese restaurants. We also ordered the crab fried rice , good amount of blue crab in it but underseasoned and lack of wok hei. The best dish was probably the whole fried fish. Cooked perfectly, flaky and crunchy. The dessert che was also disappointing, didn’t taste like much other than the coconut milk/ cream that was poured over it.

Overall wouldn’t recommend and just go to golden delight , sau can tho or any other viet restaurant in sgv.

10 Likes

Jenn Harris’ ADB rolls didn’t look flaccid at all

https://www.instagram.com/p/CirNVs3Lhna/?igshid=ZjE0ZGRhNjQ=

1 Like

Has anyone been more recently? Any improvement?

Also curious