Angler - Beverly Center

review forthcame:

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3)

7 Likes

The sundae was piping hot!

5 Likes

Ohmigod, I’m totally lovin’ the text/emoji prelude to the pics. :smiley:

2 Likes

The plating is terrific. I love the way the tartare looks.

1 Like

LOL. Sorry I missed that.

1 Like

poor-is-cool-gate #neverforget

11 Likes

Yeah, i’m never ordering the chicken there again.
edit: Oh yeah, Don’t order the 28 day Dry aged NY Strip either.

3 Likes

@PorkyBelly please tell me why the simple salad is :fire: :fire: :fire:

If it’s getting those great reviews I gotta know.

5 Likes

not sure how to explain it, it’s one of those simple looking dishes that you think you can make at home but once you taste it you know there’s no way. the dressing tasted exciting and complex with just the right amounts of acidity, savoriness, umami and a bit of sweet fruitiness. the lettuces were perfectly crisp and the herbs gave everything a nice fragrance. it’s skenes’ favorite thing on the menu and worth an order.

9 Likes

had the bread here and it is fantastic! Angler just does not miss.

When a restaurant as good as Angler does the simple things right like a salad, or potato, or bread… it really puts the other more expensive restaurants to total shame. So sad about their LA “snub” for whatever reason, this place is THE best in LA.

only thing I have yet to try is their meat

I will still take the radicchio salad each time over ANY salad anywhere in LA.

Anyone been to Angler recently? Heading back there this week and hoping it’s still firing on all cylinders. There’s a surprising glut of times available on Resy, so hopefully they’re doing OK

Please report back! Hopefully there be some spot prawn in the live holding tank…

i went earlier this month and found it sliiightly off its usually very high mark. the caramel in the sundae wasn’t fully melted (some sugary bits), and the spot prawns were reallllly small (and $24 apiece), but otherwise other dishes were good. they have a new exec chef so I’m hoping it was just a hiccup.

2 Likes

who’s the new chef?

Paul Chung: LA’s Closed Indie Brewing’s New Life Thanks to a Busy Craft Beer Group - Eater LA

1 Like

They were $19 a piece and ginormous at Chi Spacca last night.

3 Likes

review forthcoming?

1 Like

i saw this…g-dam they looked incredible

1 Like

I’ve never seen spot prawns that big.

1 Like