Antico Nuovo by Chad Colby

Yeah that’s why I guessed $20 a pint.

Having said that I wonder what HB charges for their strawberries wholesale (if they even do that)

1 Like

$20

1 Like

I’m picking up some Strawberry at 1pm. Just to let you know.

That 4pm window seems to have moved forward.

Give them a call!!!

3 Likes

My second time having the strawberry. Holy cow I really wasn’t expecting to be that blown away again. Also they had just finished spinning the ice cream so it wasn’t set and the server told me they were packing my pint straight from the hotel pan.

Nothing like fresh spun ice cream!

I bought all the flavors available. Have dinner sorted for tonight so skipped a focaccia pizza but will be back soon.

Orange Cookies
Honeycomb
Strawberry
Cookies n Cream

10 Likes

Shit! I missed this. Already home. And I drove by around 12:30, too. Thanks for thinking of me.

1 Like

made it just before they sold out.
saw andrea chang picking up three pints of strawberry ice cream. i like how you roll andrea.
tenor (2)

two pints, one pizza #covid15
Ordered some ice cream with a side of pizza.

Made with the best strawberries around and using the toto neorest of ice cream machines, the lb 200 carpigiani, this was so fucking good. Pro tip: add some macerated harry’s berries for some harry on harry action. So soft and smoother than the michelin man’s ass covered in extra virgin olive oil. @Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @NYCtoLA, @A5KOBE, @attran99, @J_L, @butteredwaffles, @Hungrydrunk, @paranoidgarliclover, @aaqjr

pepperoni
Great crust to make anchovy sticks

17 Likes

Argh, sold out!!! Do they just post IG notices when they make it, and do you have to contact them ahead of time to reserve? I had been thinking of going today but, I’ll be honest, I feel asleep for a nap…

@PorkyBelly: does the show get better? @SpockSpork loved the movie and only found the first episode mildly entertaining.

1 Like

They’ll only take reservations/orders when they know it’ll be ready. That’s what I was told when I called yesterday.

1 Like

I picked up 2 pints of strawberry and a honeycomb and a pepperoni.
I like the way you roll @PorkyBelly

11 Likes

I don’t know about y’all, but I gots my two pints today, ladies and gentlemen.

… and my delayed gratification Christmas gift.

18 Likes

OH MY F*CKING GAWD, THIFTY SELLS THE CYLINDRICAL SCOOP???

Seriously, @J_L, you have made my year. :smiley:

2 Likes

You found one?!? My friend has been looking for one since last year.

2 Likes

Yes, at Thrifty.

3 Likes

My friend has been to about 8 different Rite-Aid stores. And it was sold-out online.

Has s/he tried lately? I guess people are no longer hoarding ice cream scoopers now during the pandemic. The stores are out of any and all toilet paper, paper tissues, and paper towels, though.

3 Likes

Still sold out Rite-Aid on-line (when I checked ~30 mins ago).

1 Like

He may have a given up. I’ll let him know to start looking, again. Thanks, @J_L!

2 Likes

We went out for Ice Cream & Pizza on Saturday too! :blush:

I called about 12:30p to order the Ice Cream for a 4:30p pickup then we decided on and ordered Pizza on the way. The staff was great!

The Focaccia Pizza crust was thick but airy w/a light butteriness, light Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan. I haven’t had Pepperoni in ages, so idk if that’s why this Pepperoni was so good, but it was so good.

Honeycomb & Strawberry Ice Cream

You can see photos, trust praises, but not really until you actually taste something. :kissing_closed_eyes: The Honeycomb is like a light, airy, less sweet dulce de leche, w/swirls flavored by Salt & Olive Oil that give a nutty, salted caramel flavor. Just fantastic! Even afterward my mouth was coated w/a trace of rich milk fat.

The best Strawberry maybe even the best Fruit Ice Cream I’ve ever had. :hearts: The Harry’s Berries’ Strawberries shone thru without diminishing the wonderful light, creaminess of the Ice Cream. Wonderful!

What time were you there @PorkyBelly? It’s hard to tell w/masks but I might’ve seen Andrea Chang putting ice cream in an ice cooler in her trunk. It never ceases to amaze me how Angelenos always find the good food! There were all kinds of peeps showing up to that tired mini-mall for Pizza and that incredible Ice Cream. :slightly_smiling_face: How did we all miss each other?!

13 Likes

we must have just missed each other. i arrived around 4:45 to a packed parking lot so i had to find street parking and then got in line around 4:50. i was wearing my animal t-shirt and hedley & bennett mask.

yep, that was her. that’s me inadvertently getting in her 'gram shot.

seriously, it was like a swarm of ftc locust descending on antico for pizza and ice cream.

8 Likes

i haven’t seen the movie but i think the show is hilarious, check out the first two episodes of season two.

2 Likes