Antico Nuovo by Chad Colby

Those look amazing! I am so in and for the record I was being facetious lol.

1 Like

I know…

1 Like

I appreciate that! The internet, and forums specifically, can be so toxic, so I try to act in good faith. But there are limits…

3 Likes

I like focaccia topped like pizza, but I’m not sure it should be called pizza, and if you prefer thin and crisp, it’s pretty much the opposite.

1 Like

super disappointing meal here tonight. Pasta with white truffle was severely under salted (charging $150 for it no less) and when asked by two different servers and let them know, they responded “well thank you for the feedback”. Chicken was extremely dry. Also mentioned to multiple servers and to Chad that it was my wife’s birthday and didn’t get an ice cream or anything. I’m not one that expects freebies, but after spending $400 on a meal, it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I’m choosing to spend a special occasion (and a good chunk of $) at your establishment, please at least give me the impression that I wasn’t completely robbed. Ugh. Not ever coming back here. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone either.

4 Likes

We also found ourselves much happier recently with Eataly’s food than before

1 Like

Happened to me too.

Warrior: We were planning on giving this restaurant another chance tonight, but it seems the reviews are very mixed. There’s rarely such a lack of consensus. Anyone else want to chime in to tip the scales?

(Side note: I’m annoyed this restaurant doesn’t allow cancellation of my reservation on OpenTable–even over 24 hours before our reservation time–when every timeslot is still available. That’s not a positive sign, by the way…)

1 Like

Their policy is “No-shows or cancellations less than 1 day in advance may be subject to a charge of $35 per person” so I’d complain to OpenTable if you were unable to cancel 24 hours in advance.

1 Like

Warrior: We will soon report.

1 Like

Warrior: I liked the food more tonight than last time. Generally the dishes were good quality. Highlights were the crispy skin and meaty flesh on the branzino and the wonderfully creamy ricotta. The lowlight was the polenta. It was grittier than the grittiest grits I’ve ever eaten; I’ve never encountered anything labeled “polenta” with a similar texture. I love al dente everything, but this corn was a touch too raw. It was alright though. Subjectively, the dishes are too strongly flavored—with too much garlic, lemon, and anchovies—for my tastes in Western food. I would choose a higher acid / more mineral wine (e.g., the white Graci Arcuria or another Etna bianco) next visit. Back to the positives, I think the wine list is well composed. I also like the interior design, with its light earthy colors and olive trees. I would return.

Peony: I feel the food has improved compared with last time. My favorite dish today was the fagioli.

agree - love this place

3 Likes

Did you enjoy all of it?

1 Like

What’s with all the 0.5s on the receipt? Did they make you half portions or did they charge you half price for full portions?

Excellent meal. Everything was good. I wish I’d had the appetite to get the sweetbreads. The strawberry ice cream was as good as I’ve had, intense, tart, and not too sweet.

Half price for half portions. I wish I could have done that with the ricotta and broccoli as I only ate half.

6 Likes

didn’t know about 1/2 portions there - or really anywhere…

6 Likes

Did you know they offer 1/2 portions in advance, or did you ask while you were there? I’m curious to know more. Half portions would be a gamechanger for solo dining.

2 Likes

I didn’t know or ask, the server offered.

2 Likes