Antico Nuovo by Chad Colby

NY pizza style

NY pizza, but yes the Jon and Vinny pizzas are incredible but small and expensive. They could make anything taste good honestly.

Is this a comment from 2010

17 Likes

I guess when you have NY pizza the standards are just extremely different. poor thing.

Why do people continue to feed the…?

Never mind.

17 Likes

I don’t know why I thought this time would be different. Fool me once…

10 Likes

I always wanted to meet someone from new york

12 Likes

The only NYC shop LA can’t compete against is 99c Fresh Pizza, which is undoubtedly the highest QPR slice in America.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Pizza is basically bread with a smidge of tomato sauce and cheese if it’s not free I’m not eating it!

19 Likes

I do admire your optimism and belief in the goodness of other people. :slight_smile: (sincere comment, BTW)

4 Likes

Seems like an eccentric name for agnoloti dal plin to me. They come from Piemonte. The Langhe is the part of Piemonte that Barolo and white truffles come from. Alta Langa to my knowledge refers to a wine appellation (DOCG) for sparkling wine made in the Langhe.

Given Colby’s style, I wonder if he was making house-stretched mozzarella? Every example I’ve had, even from chefs who mostly turn out first-rate stuff, has been inferior to pretty much anything else, including whole-milk, low-moisture supermarket mozzarella.

Another post confirming your sophisticated, experienced palate and profound connoisseurship of bread and all things bready.

5 Likes

Legendary pizza

Felt a little uncomfortable writing that, as I would wager they’re not using something cheap, and my descriptors failed me. It was lacking a richness or unctuousness or saltiness.

Before the pandemic, I wasn’t too impressed with Eataly’s Neapolitan pizza, but I think they upped their game during Covid and now I quite like it. High quality cheese and also I think it is to my personal palate because I don’t like sweet in my savory foods and the pizza sauce is most definitely not sugary. If you get it delivered, it benefits greatly from a tour in your oven.

I didn’t love Antico’s pizza the one time I ordered it.

2 Likes

Dude I have to invite you to dinner…

No charge!

10 Likes

Those look amazing! I am so in and for the record I was being facetious lol.

1 Like

I know…

1 Like

I appreciate that! The internet, and forums specifically, can be so toxic, so I try to act in good faith. But there are limits…

3 Likes

I like focaccia topped like pizza, but I’m not sure it should be called pizza, and if you prefer thin and crisp, it’s pretty much the opposite.

1 Like