Any Vegans here?

How about Fat Dragon? I never been but they Orange Tofu lol

1 Like

Also probably a little far for you but Chubby Rice can do it’s General Tso’s with tofu. Never had it with tofu but I love the Tso’s at Chubby Rice. They got a lot of really good housemade sauces and just a really nice family

1 Like

Little Fatty in Culver City does a General Tso’s Cauliflower that is a ‘must get’ for this omnivore. I love Little Fatty as well

4 Likes

i’ll have to check out Chubby Rice and Little Fatty. Thanks for the recs!

This might be too far for you but Kung Pao Bistro in West Hollywood definitely meets the Americanized Chinese criteria and has an entire vegan and vegetarian section that I order from regularly. It includes both tofu and various kinds of imitation meat and comprises all the classic dishes (kung pao, beef and broccoli, salt and pepper chicken, etc.)

2 Likes

Oh wow, thanks for the rec @onelabneh ! That’s pretty much exactly what I am looking for!

1 Like

Burgerlords moves to an all vegan menu

For the record I personally think they got the best veg burger

4 Likes

Their tofu nuggets are pretty good too! About 2 years ago they were doing collabs with different LA restaurants and they did an Indian-inflected veggie burger with Badmaash that was delicious! It was kind of like a vada pav.

1 Like

Prob for the best. Too much competition in the standard burger space.

Looking for a good Vegan cake. Any favorites in the Mid-City/Beverly-Grove/Koreatown/Larchmont Areas?

I know that there is a branch of Erin Mckenna’s a vegan gluten free NY based bakery in larchmont. I don’t know if it’s any good because I don’t generally partake in those kinds of desserts.

Thanks @hungryhungryhippos.

I almost went with Erin McKenna then read @MaladyNelson’s post back in ‘16 on the above link. Things can definitely have improved with new vegan/gluten-free baking techniques, but since the person is not actually gluten-free we are getting the Vegan Chocolate Berry at Cake Monkey… and I can get some Pop Tarts. :relaxed:

But FYI for peeps looking for vegan/gluten-free in a pinch McKenna’s has a generous selection of ready made cakes in the case and I hear they’re pretty.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about Cake Monkey! Hope the pop tarts are delish!

1 Like

I’ll report back. :wink:

2 Likes

Wonderful article on vegan tacos (and other Mexican foods) in LA.

3 Likes

I’m going to try to start again today. Jesus help me Lord.

4 Likes

Two in Whittier - last night I went to Veggie y Que. Solid okay and I’m interested in going back.

2 Likes

I like Wild Living Foods because it has its own cuisine, not a fake-meat version of another cuisine.

Sounds great! Let’s check out that menu!

Lox and bagels, sushi, pizza, pasta, tacos, burritos, nachos, pad thai… :thinking:

It does sound good, and I appreciate the rec! I hadn’t heard of them before and I’ll definitely check it out. But seems like maybe not quite the right place to weaponize against vegan versions of other cuisines?