Backseat moderators, have at it

Didn’t @PorkyBelly also expose chowkiss? @Chowseeker1999 = @exilekiss

9 Likes

I didn’t mind peony warriors comments . I could never figure out who was who . Was this a masked person with two identities.

2 Likes

Combined efforts of a pair and posted accordingly.

3 Likes

I’ve had em on ignore for months. Highly recommend.

6 Likes

I’ve never had any trouble telling Peony from Warrior. Peony’s a relatively normal person who expresses reasonable opinions.

he dropped ftc and ho like a piping hot potato

4 Likes

@Chowseeker1999 he left HO too? Why?

Perhaps he wasn’t too happy that two posters had contrarian views in his thread? He seemingly bolted after and vanished but I don’t have an account there so I can’t really check his last post to verify. @CiaoBob

8 Likes

Wow if those are his reasons for bailing he’s even more thin skinned than he appeared on this board lol

8 Likes

Pure speculation on my part but doesn’t seem too far off?

2 Likes

Probably also waiting for adoring fans to usher him back in or say they miss him.

Now that’s a thirsty fellow.

9 Likes

He left here after complaining about something I couldn’t make sense of, or at least I was too busy with work to spend enough time to figure out.

1 Like

Onion skin is thicker.

6 Likes

He’s so absolute about his own opinions and expertise on food and restaurants that he presents them as fact. It never occurs to him that someone might disagree and push back. When it happens he packs his toys and leaves. I wish he’d stayed on FTC and told whichever of us that pissed him off to bugger off and continued on with reporting. Or take the hint and adjust. Or! Just take a break and go post on HO for a while. I’ve done it. But CS was punitive and decided to delete his reports and leave… making it impossible to return. He and the disgruntled, Ipsedixit, tried to set up a rival camp at HO and poach food talkers. Not cool and not sustainable. I’ve been a member on HO for years - their regional boards are not and never will be robust.

10 Likes

It’s surprising to me that no group of foodies in whatever other region has taken advantage of FTC for free access to Discourse. I guess the same is true of HO?

I find it ridiculous that Ipse left over my taking the owner’s perogative to stop DoctorChow from derailing multiple topics with irrelevant posts about Covid.

Hungry Onion is more of a cooking & gardening forum. Like FTC is restaurant-centric. It’s unexplainable. It’s just the way it is.

Ipse’s countermanding you during the pandemic made a difficult period even more so.

2 Likes

Delete

Agree . But Robert can be to much of a know it all at times .

4 Likes

I also find it interesting when one quits in a huff, but doesn’t attempt to delete/deactivate their account. Seems like that would be more of a permanent f@&$ you than anything else.

4 Likes

I’m sure they are lurking in the shadows!

4 Likes