Bill Esparza’s Antojito list

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

Cosign @JeetKuneBao

4 Likes
1 Like

Can you screenshot it? I don’t have an IG account and thus can’t see the post. Thanks!

1 Like

That was in reply to this, I believe:

6 Likes

Thanks Bill!

Why don’t you just join in?

10 Likes

Bill’s latest on David Chang and FTC @euno

Lots more after this…

4 Likes

giphy (1)

6 Likes

That podcast has gotta be 2 or 3 years old at this point so bringing it up now is some top notch hating. Hope his 2024 brings a bit more joy to his life.

8 Likes

Calling grilled meat “barbecue” isn’t very professional.

2 Likes

What the connection to FTC?
I listen to very little Chang Casts but I did that one because we discussed it here and it put Hamlet’s Kitchen on my rotation.

2 Likes

Just that he referenced another FTC poster

Do many people use IG reels like that? I never read a segmented rant like that before. And I do not feel better for having done so.

2 Likes

Not any I follow, except Bill :man_shrugging: but maybe in some perverse way that’s why I’m following :joy:

3 Likes

Yes I find it highly entertaining!

3 Likes

This one is awkward for me, because I like Euno. He’s a nice guy. But, I am pleased that Bill pointed out Josh Lurie’s coverage (let alone Bill Addison’s). He’s absolutely right, because Josh was covering these places in Glendale several years ago, when few - if any - others were writing about them. I asked Josh for recommendations years ago.

I’ve also asked Bill for specific recommendations and they’ve always been spot on and solid. Exactly what I was looking for.

6 Likes

Max Shapiro’s restaurant reviews. Also the Sqirl jamgate guy.

1 Like

Bill was really awesome when I asked for help prior to a visit to Mexico City many years ago. And his info was mind-blowing, when he started posting on chowhound.
OTOH, it is also undeniable that his candidness, and style, steps on (more than a few) toes and ruffles many a feather.

6 Likes

Yeah he’s always been really nice and gracious when I reach out to him directly. However, his online persona is kind of all over the place.

4 Likes