Bub and Grandma's

all sold out of sandwiches around 230.

PXL_20220923_222342287.PORTRAIT~2

PXL_20220923_222349057.PORTRAIT~2

16 Likes

That plate has all the potentials of a good open-faced sandwich to me!

3 Likes

Had the anti pasta sandwich. Delicious but could use a bit more filling.

The donut tho. Top tier. Light and fluffy. So good.

4 Likes

roast beef au jus, cheddar, grilled and raw onion, dijon
on kaiser

roast beef was great and reminded me of arby’s

off-menu muffaletta was also really good, I think use some sweet peppers in their olive salad

italian - mortadella, capicola, salami, shredded iceberg, onion, provolone, mayo, mustard, pickles, giardinera on bub sub

the italian was fine, a bit skimpy on the meats

what wasn’t skimpy on the meats was @hppzz’s homemade banh mi thit nguoi. homemade meats, pate, mayo and pickles on a toasted saigon bakery baguette. it takes a lot of labor to make these and @hppzz and his mom were the labor. keep an eye out for his next drop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkBmgBzpDM4/

arm for scale

21 Likes

@hppzz tiny arm or thiccc banh mi?

6 Likes

Damn.

1 Like

Damn that is a great looking banh mi wished I lived closer to their drops.

4 Likes

Thicc banh mi 12 incher

5 Likes

Ditto! :yum:

4 Likes

damn that looks good. please post somewhere on here when there’s another drop. i gotta have one, but i’m not an IG guy.

4 Likes

@hppzz ever think of doing a drop further down south? Or do you guys mainly stick to Pasadena area?

Yeah its pasadena area. We’ve got friends at Ayara Thai and Yang’s Kitchen that have asked us to pop up, but man its a lot of work whether it’s banh mi or anything else. Only have so much bandwidth to play with and lucky this month Grandma Ly’s in town to help and it keeps her days busy. I really need to convince her to move here permantly. lol

10 Likes

Hopefully she does! Those banh mi’s look delicious and all of your food in general does but it’s always been too far for us to check out.

Looking forward to trying it in the future!

1 Like

How does your business work? I’ve been watching the Instagram feed and followed some links but have seen no clue of how to order anything.

SoySweet.LA

2 Likes

Had a pretty mixed experience here the other day. Pastries were fantastic, salad was very good, coffee was solid, Italian sandwich was replacement level, brisket sandwich was bad.

The flavor combo was ok but the actual brisket was tough and bland, and the sandwich’s saving grace was that (like other posters have mentioned) they are very skimpy with protein portions.

Would probably only come back for pastries and loaves to go, and maybe an incidental coffee to go with.

5 Likes