Can restaurants be made safe during the pandemic?

So do I. And one can only call wolf so many times.

He said he wanted to focus on increasing vaccination rates, and was concerned that requiring everyone to wear masks would remove an incentive for those who are considering getting vaccinated now.

I think this is an important point.

One issue of requiring vaccination proof is that it puts the onus of checking on either greeters or servers. If a person is already seated and fails to provide proof, is the server supposed to throw that person out? There are a lot of restaurants that don’t have greeters. Do these places now have to hire one as a practical matter?

Also, if he’s going to do this, requiring just one shot should transition to fully vaccinated after some period of time, maybe two months, in my opinion.

1 Like

People who aren’t fully vaccinated shouldn’t be allowed in.

From my perspective, this is a good idea, with the exception of logistics complications and venue issues with regards to personnel job descriptions.

[And I still don’t know if my reduced-size (wallet size) home-laminated state card with QR code will work.]

While to most people it’s second nature these days, I just can’t get used to the idea of always carrying around a smartphone, the not-so-sturdy original CDC card, or an even less sturdy paper printout of the CA QR code in my pocket.

1 Like