Can restaurants be made safe during the pandemic?

Social transformations follow exigencies; our current situation is an example.

Restaurants were by far the riskiest places, about four times riskier than gyms and coffee shops, followed by hotels …

2 Likes

Restaurants are already safe unless you’re 80+.

Eating indoors in a restaurant is the riskiest thing you can do short of visiting a Covid ward.

1 Like

Not to mention how many people “wear” their mask, down around their mouth, leaving their nose exposed.

2 Likes
1 Like

This story says everything you need to know:

“Gov. Gavin Newsom apologized Monday for visiting a Napa Valley restaurant with people from other households, saying his behavior contradicted the spirit of the safety guidelines and precautions he has asked Californians to adhere to during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

I don’t want an apology. I want a resignation.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Typical liberal politician.

Newsom didn’t do anything much different than many of his constituents, and he didn’t break any of his badly drafted, irresponsible, inconsistent rules.

Hes been pretty weak on pandemic leadership. His policies encourage people in more locked-down counties to travel to more open ones to go to restaurants, get haircuts, etc. No statewide mask mandate. There’s been no enforcement to speak of. 18,277 people have died, 48 per 100,000.

Our taxes at work.

FTFY

2 Likes

It’s true that to date in California we’ve recorded only 4,833 deaths among people under 65, but many of the 923,439 other Californians who’ve caught it are suffering “long-haul” problems. And if we hadn’t been locked down in the most populous areas of the state, those numbers would be way higher.

Newsom didn’t eat indoors at the French Laundry, but he was stupid for sharing a table with people who are not members of his household. Hey, the death rate for Californians in his age group is only 1.4%, why worry? You go ahead and dance on the edge of a cliff.

Let’s just say politician–YOUR politics are showing! I was personally VERY disappointed by the hypocritical behavior in the tradition of Chris Christie enjoying a day at the “closed” beach with his family. I’d prefer a state-wide mask mandate, outdoor dining and a time limit for guests to hang-out (and drink).

1 Like

Or did he?

A post was split to a new topic: Off-topic political comments

I also would like to know if he was wearing the mask the whole time taking it off between the bites as he strongly recommended we do.

I’m pretty sure that was a mistake by some nitwit who handles the Twitter account. The same tweet also said to minimize the number of times you take your mask off.

1 Like

y’all got a few more days to enjoy that outdoor dining cuz things aren’t looking good

Newsom’s announcement comes just minutes after Los Angeles County’s health officer, Dr. Muntu Davis, announced the county saw an all-time high in daily cases on Thursday, at just over 5,000. That puts the two-day average of new cases at 4,500, a number which, if it continues for 5 days, will result in local lockdown measures in L.A.

Josh, a bartender at a restaurant in Santa Cruz who also requested anonymity due to fear of retaliation from his employer, quit his job in early October due to concerns over indoor dining … some customers became so enraged about being asked to wear masks indoors that they flipped a table, he said. “The same people who are going to be coming to dine in during a time of COVID don’t have that same concern or precaution typically that other people do,” says Josh. “… We had some customers who were really good about masking up and bussing their own tables, but for every one of those you get two people who don’t want to wear their mask and want to have a fight about it.”

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Indoor-dining-is-closed-restaurant-workers-quit-15731972.php

3 Likes