Carne Asada at Costco Meat Dept - Consistently Delicious!

So…

mmmmm processed foods.

Apparently the Carne Asada is a store specific thing. I asked about it at the Northridge Costco this past weekend and they said they don’t do it, nor was he aware of any plans to start. Too bad. :disappointed:

It’s probably a good thing for you that they don’t. Evidently, I am being poisoned to death. :confounded:

2 Likes

I went into this one Costco and they didn’t have rotisserie chickens. WTF?? I asked the manager and they said they didn’t have a deli. I just assumed all Costco’s have a deli.

Something somewhere is going to kill us all one day. If my downfall is going to be the Costco carne asada, so be it. :grin:

2 Likes

Went to the Northridge Costco?? They have rotisserie chickens there…:confused:

Not the Northridge one. But some Costcos don’t have a deli.

Does Costco still have this Carne Asada? If so, how else can I cook it besides the grill?

Regarding Sanchez market are you guys talking about already cooked meat or raw?

Costco in MdR does regularly carry it. For sure fri-sun, not as much during the week. You can roast it in the oven and finish it under the broiler.

Sanchez carneceria sells it by the pound raw and serves it finished at their food counter. This is a totally different version from Costco ( SC’s is of course traditional) where Costco’s seasoning has chile powder and some sugar in it.

2 Likes

That is great to know, I just joined and summer is coming. And the lady at MV farmers market sells tortillas? I dd nor know that. We like her salsas.

1 Like

Your Broiler is basically an upside down grill. Cast iron or the french version (Debuyer) over high heat work great for carne asada

1 Like

If you don’t want to battle the Costco hordes, we usually get our carne asada at El Camaguey. You can get it unseasoned or marinated. We really like the marinade.

It’s a great little market with a butcher counter. They make a mean salsa and sell Diana’s tortillas. Also perfectly ripe plantains.

Photo from Yelp.

10925 Venice Blvd.
(between Sepulveda and Overland)
Los Angeles, 90034

2 Likes