Cheesy, Savory, Delicious! Meat Lovers, Vegetarian and Vegan! A Pizza Journey - Superfine, Il Romanista, DeSano, Pizza Wagon of Brooklyn, Pizzeria Mozza, South End, L’Antica Pizzeria da Michele, Prime, Lupetti, Triple Beam and More! [Thoughts + Pics]

Take out from Zelo in Arcadia:

Four Cheese:

Slice of the Four Cheese:

Vegetarian:

Half Corn/half Spinach Pesto:

Full order of the Beet Salad:

10 Likes

How many people were you feeding??? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sometimes you just gotta order dominos…

7 Likes

Damn that’s a good deal!

Every chair at the table was full (plus we ordered for leftovers - which do reheat very well).

1 Like

Pizza crawl today

Schellz Pizza Co
The dough here is great. Light and a little sweet. This is a fun version with excellent toppings and sauce. Getting it fresh from the oven was also a treat.

Quarter Sheets Pizza
Strolled in about 15 minutes after opening. Seats at the bar afforded us an opportunity to see the show. What we saw was rather interesting. We saw some of the pizza crusts being par-baked and then topped off for another trip into the oven. We also saw whole pizzas being made.

The slices here were super crispy. The crust had a nice flavor. The Four Corners slice had lots of contrasting flavors…and I am a sucker for pistachios.

Dessert was a slam dunk. That princess cake was lovely. Also got the ricotta cheesecake with strawberries to go.

We are full of pizza and carbs. It was a fun day.

16 Likes

I just wanted to mention that the pizzaolo from prova pizza is pretty big on YouTube’s he has almost a million subs, just was recommended a video and surprised to see it was him. I used to go to prova a bit since I lived in the area.

1 Like

Folks Pizzeria in Costa Mesa. This is mushroom, fontina and roasted garlic. A tad too much cheese, especially for one that’s more assertive than mozzarella. The cornicione is outstanding. Looks deceptively dense but is bubbly, crusty, light, airy and a well-hydrated dough. They sprinkle parmigiano along it, as you can see, so you get that added flavor as you get to the edge.

10 Likes
3 Likes

They announced they are opening this month in Thousand Oaks. No exact date.

1 Like

I went to the one in Walnut Creek. It was pretty good, especially for a chain / franchise, but I wouldn’t go much out of my way.

1 Like

Anyone been to Milanas Brooklyn Squares in LBC?

Also the Tom Yum pizza at Thai Curry Pizza? That looks fun

1 Like

I’ve had take out from there in San Mateo. It was decent. Nothing memorable. Good take out pizza for a party.

1 Like

Petramale Pizza looks like some legit NY pizza

1 Like

Tony G is starting to franchise with these Slice House openings…I was there the day before opening and he had me try a Sicilian slice w/pepperoni(pretty perfect) thick crust was airy & crunchy…the grandma equally tasty and the NY style with sausage was excellent…only question is if the owner keeps up the quality! but I doubt theres anything nearly as good in the north valley!
![_DSC9684|690x461](upload://uZc

sNuSUizZlB6fZUEwH8LxPlMX.jpeg)

9 Likes

sorry, too much cornicione! looks like it went a few rounds with Mike Tyson!

Thousand Oaks, right?

How does it compare to our usual suspects (Pizza Wagon, Prime, Danny Boy, etc) ??

2 Likes

the Sicilian slice was great! I havent had Sicilian at Pizza Wagon…I did really like the “squares” at Prime but its been a while tough to compare…the NY style pie w/sausage at Slice House was excellent…I havent been to Pizza wagon in a while so I hesitate to go on record…Tony’s is certainly worth checking out but he made the pizza I tried…I hope the guys he trained are up to the task…I never did get really good pizza at Danny Boy’s…the crusts were sub par for me.

2 Likes

The square looks very much in the style of Prince st as opposed to Prime.

In any case looks great. Hope it opens up in 661 soon!

2 Likes

it’s a drive but hope to go back soon…perfect crunch on the crust! it looks more like Prince St bc it’s a Sicilian rather than a Grandma square like Prime

1 Like