COVID-19 LA Discussion | Will you continue to order takeout or delivery as the COVID-19 pandemic spreads in LA?

It’s intended to flatten the curve so that hospitals are not overwhelmed as they were in China and Italy.

Concern for the most vulnerable would mean making treatment free and funding relief efforts at a level at least similar to Hong Kong’s $2000 per capita rather the $25 the US has allocated so far.

1 Like

Yes flatten the curve.

@js76wisco @Bookwich and I have plenty of beans. :smiley:

2 Likes

My doctor’s office called this morning to say they were cancelling appointments until August for patients with non-serious health issues.

P.S. I’m out of bread.

1 Like

And there are people who remain asymptomatic but are contagious. I just read a piece that encouraged cooking at home even over getting food delivered.

1 Like

That fucking ignoramus Yascha Mounk again. If you need advice from a left-leaning doctor of political science, he’s your man.

Cancel your subscription to The Atlantic.

2 Likes

In your never fucking humble opinion. I’m sick to death of people going after those who don’t share their point of view. If we err on the side of care more will live. Period. And please don’t reply to me.

4 Likes

Now, I want to read the article. :grin:

4 Likes

France just closed all its restaurants. I predict the same in the U.S., at least in major cities, within a week.

1 Like

Norway just closed it borders, air and sea, to all but Norwegians.

2 Likes

That will settle that.

This is surreal.

2 Likes

this from hyacinth, an italian restaurant in st. paul, is very smart.

2 Likes

Brilliant! Think of the goodwill they will build.

1 Like

They did that out of concern that intensive care would be overwhelmed due to the number of infections doubling in 72 hours. They don’t want to end up where Italy was.

Given that the US population is practicing social distancing far beyond what public health officials have asked for, we may not get to that point in most parts of the US.

Do you have a link for that? I’ve tried searching to no avail. TIA

3 Likes

I’m happy to report that Eataly was pretty busy this afternoon. Not as busy as I remember, but hopefully people are just staying home because of the yucky weather.

Sichuan Impression in West LA was pretty quiet early this afternoon, but it’s the first time Ive been to this location.

Nightshade was doing well last night.

Verve Coffee has been slow, but hopefully that’s because of the weather.

1 Like

A few restaurants here have shut down and are doing develry only. Some are doing curbside pick up (Like Sunday Gravy)

2 Likes

I was at La Canada Farmers market today and at 8 am it was packed, about 3 times normal number of people, despite the cold and rain! How is that for social distancing!

3 Likes

They have cancelled our local farmers market in Wellington Square. :frowning:

Here’s the current grocery situation… Glatt Mart is out of Matzoh…

1 Like