Delivery chronicle

Intiraymi (Peruvian DTLA)

Peony: 7.5/10. Wonderful meal. Loved everything, particularly the soup and the rice. I’ve had really good experiences with Peruvian food. That makes me excited about visiting Peru one day.

Warrior: 7/10. Better than average Peruvian. I really like the parihuela (seafood soup). The arroz con mariscos is tastier than most versions. Quality food! Sorry Peony, I’ve already been to Peru, so I don’t see it in our future.

1 Like

Please do. It’s a wonderful country. Interestingly, I recommend everyone to time their visit to coincide with the Inti Raymi Festival in the Andes (around June 21-24).

3 Likes

Little Dom’s

Warrior: 6.5/10. I’ve always liked Little Dom’s. It’s not as good as Jon & Vinny’s in the same genre (Italian American with a foodie bent), but it has its own garlicky charm. One year Jonathan Gold put it on his 101 list. Probably would only make my 202 list. Unlike Peony, I liked the very well-done spinach with lots of olive oil and garlic.

Peony: 6/10. Good food for delivery. The salmon was cooked well and had nice texture. To be honest, I didn’t quite appreciate the overcooked spinach, though I understand this is the traditional Italian style. I’m just used to eating at dente, lightly cooked vegetables that have their original flavor more preserved. Just personal preference.

1 Like