DineLA - Picks and Food

I might go to Pok Pok for their $20 lunch. The khao soi alone is $16 on the regular lunch menu.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. Good thread. Our favorite last time was Connie & Ted’s. Really good menu selections and the service wasn’t rushed.

5 Likes

Nice! $15 lunch or dinner

5 Likes

Heading to Charcoal on Friday night.

3 Likes

During the last Dine LA, we went to Craft LA.
Very accommodating, professional service, with incredible food.

Haven’t decided on a spot for this latest Dine LA run.

3 Likes

Will probably go back again before the end of next week.

3 Likes

Heading for Upstairs 2 tonight.

$29 dinner at Papilles is a good one.

2 Likes

That’s a good one. I remember seeing the menu last time and it looked good & right. That’s where we’ll go. Thanks.

I love that place, and the DineLA menu was a good deal last time I went.

I was thinking of trying Pok Pok, I’ve never been. Worth the drive from West LA?

And I’m probably going to Water Grill for lunch. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything that sounds interesting. Everyone is serving kale salad, fish/sandwich/Mary’s chicken (of course), and cookies or sorbet or donut holes.

I exaggerate (of course), but nothing jumped out at me.

1 Like

MB Post has a nice one with a choice of three dishes from a list plus a choice of dessert from a shorter list for $39. The Moroccan lamb belly and the skirt steak with red chimichurri were great (as was the Elvis for dessert) but the soft shell crab was a tad disappointing. Charcoal and Hanjip also hav very good deals (Hanjip is an AYCE for $29); Connie & Ted’s is another worthwhile option and I note that Chinois is offering their famous lobster with curry rice and flash fried spinach as one of the dinner options and I like the premium ($95+) menus on offer at Providence, Spago and the Arthur J.

4 Likes

Pok Pok has been great lately.

1 Like

I’ve never been, but the stark contrast in portion size for Alexander Steakhouse’s $115 Dine LA menu choice between an 18 oz Omaha Prime T-Bone Steak, or 3 oz A5 Wagyu Beef from Kagoshima, Japan, was interesting, LOL. :slight_smile:

But I couldn’t imagine eating 18 oz of A5 Wagyu. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I need to do that pok pok lunch

Jeez $115 is still so much.

1 Like

Pok Pok is definitely better than any Thai food you’ll get on the Westside. Unless you wanna wait for n+m venice to open

1 Like

KazuNori is a terrible DineLA value - $29 for their dinela dinner which is 6 rolls + sashimi. Their normal 6 roll set is $23, and the sashimi is like $7.50. There’s 1 roll difference in the 6 roll set, which is the yamaimo instead of bay scallop, which is worth ~.50. So you save $2 by doing their DineLA dinner.

So I said fuck that and got a 7 roll set for ~$28. I was debating a 9 roll set/$34 for maximum food/minimum cost (the 6 roll set + the 3 roll set).

1 Like

That is so NOT the right way to enjoy beautiful meat like that…

1 Like

I would love to eat 18oz of A5 Wagyu lol

1 Like