El Pollo Loco Sunset/LaBrea Shuttered; What Should Replace It?

I wasn’t necessarily wishing, just positing possible chains that might move in. Although the two times I’ve been to Panera I thought it was pretty good. Bland, I suppose, but they are just salads and sandwiches, after all.

1 Like

Panera may not be exciting - but the ingredients are decent. And, every store has a binder where you can check the ingredient list for every dish. As someone who had a mom with horrific allergies, it was a lifesaver and made it a safe, happy place to eat.

1 Like

Ricky’s Fish Tacos

5 Likes

Another Magpies.

The world cannot have enough quality soft serve. Just cannot.

Speaking of which, I know where I will be this Thursday. You?

1 Like

Yes please. I think we should all go and casually mention to Ricky the “For Lease” sign at Sunset/LaBrea. No doubt our eating like five fish tacos each would help to convince him.

1 Like

Perhaps that’s why I only ever really liked our local Pollo Loco. Maybe all the others were par cooking, while ours was still starting from zero on the grill?

I’m a huge fan of soft serve. But opening an ice creamery 50 feet from Mashti Malone’s would be a liiiittttle dissy.

Damn ipse… You’re surprising. Good find.

Ahhh Mashti’s :heart:

They are not owned by Foster’s Freeze. They co-occupied space, but no longer.

Chase Bank.

4 Likes

What’s their signature dish?

2 Likes

Their deposits slips contain essential inks.

3 Likes

Tomato Pie is on Melrose a few blocks east of Fairfax. Is that technically hollywood?

I used to do El Pollo Loco a lot but since discovering Zanko a bit over a year ago, there is no comparison.

The El Pollo Loco is Culver City is pretty darn good.

Franchises are only as good as the franchisee. Check Yelp for McDonald’s; it’s pretty funny.