Epicurus Gourmet (North Hollywood) - The New Epicure Imports

In the dressing of course! YOM.

3 Likes

Okay when this is over you make the salad; I will make the bread.

I’ll bring the wine too…

5 Likes

The 00 flour we got there makes a lovely Sicilian.

Russian salami worked out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Stopped by there today as I am making pizza tonight, and lo and behold Eric and Hilary have been laying in pizza ingredients; buffalo mozzarella, Italian low moisture mozzarella, and the best pepperoni by far that I have ever tasted.

1 Like

OMG

14 Likes

Your wealth of gourmet canned seafood knowledge is fascinating. I bought the Hot Pepper Sauce Tuna, have Katy’s Smokehouse on the list… now this! :blush:

@Dommy

I was watching Jacques Pepin the other night and he made this delicious looking tuna appetizer using a high quality canned tuna. Simple with only a few ingredients blended together in a food processor. Mainly the canned tuna and mascarpone cheese. I couldn’t find his exact recipe online to remember what the other two ingredients were. But I found this recipe that looks really close and hand blending instead of a processor.

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/mascarpone-tuna-rillettes

I think he used dill and some lemon for the other two ingredients.

5 Likes

Oh my! I have some marscapone in my fridge too! Wheeee!!

2 Likes

That’s funny. I was going to go on the Tuna thread (yes we have one :smile:) and ask what people do with their fancy tuna? Thanks!

3 Likes
1 Like

Ooo!! Must find the tuna thread!! As you can see by our Cae-çois we are always looking for great ideas!

1 Like

:point_up_2:t4: Look up.

Since I’m done shopping for the next 2-3 weeks, I might go with a low budget version of what I have on hand. Costco tuna, cream cheese and lime :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: #dontjudge

4 Likes

Good idea. My fridge is stuffed too. But I think I have a bit of Purple Haze Goat Cheese.

2 Likes

Image result for ortiz tuna can

Still my fave. I see it sometimes in glass jars also.

1 Like

That Purple Haze is good stuff.

1 Like

Not about tinned fish, but I was in there today and Hillary told me they are adding a big freezer next week. They will be expanding their line of seafood and meats. Plans include high-end lamb, fish, and A5 Wagyu.
I will add to this post when it gets online.

5 Likes

Ohmigod, I am so NOT judging. I took a look at last month’s food bill, and I was like, “How did I spend MORE $$$ then usual when we are cooking more at home???”

4 Likes

Because we all need comfort in some way or other. My frozen treats total keeps growing by the week.

9 Likes

any good vinegar for sushi rice here?

2 Likes