Fantastic Japanese Tapas (Izakaya) hits West Hollywood - Aburiya RAKU - pictures

:exploding_head: More reasons to come into the city on weekends. So I can prepare my budget and figure out when I can order, what’s the financial impact? The chirashi looks upgraded from what it first started as, too.

5 Likes

Hi @attran99,

I think you’ll love it. :wink: Sugishita-san said it’s best to say it’s “Market Price.” Because it’s reliant on 1 type of Fish only, that Meshi (Rice) dish varies heavily on the price he can get it. He showed me an example of where the Nodoguro price for the week varied as much as ~$40 from one week to the next, so he said it’s best to contact him for final pricing.

You can order a Half or Whole Nodoguro Meshi special order. Enjoy! :blush:

5 Likes

:scream:

8 Likes

I guess I know what I’m going to ask for soon.

1 Like

Damn a side of hotaru ika

1 Like

Just confirmed with Raku’s manager:

Aburiya Raku is permanently closed. :sob:

It was sold and the entire staff is leaving / has left. The restaurant will be transformed into a new concept, but the manager has no idea what it will be.

What a huge loss for L.A. :cry: (@PorkyBelly @J_L @attran99 @TheCookie @A5KOBE @Ns1 @CiaoBob @beefnoguy @foodshutterbug @beam and others.)

12 Likes

Indeed a great loss. Hopefully the LV one makes it so we can still enjoy all those great dishes.

2 Likes

This is absolutely horrible news.

Crushing news…

1 Like

Aburiya Raku LA stayed open as long as possible during the pandemic to keep everyone on staff employed.

10 Likes

That’s terrible, although not surprising as I heard they were behind on their bills. Hopefully chef James finds a place to land.

2 Likes

Terrible loss for LA. I hope they can keep Las Vegas open

1 Like

Nooooooooo!!!

Glad to have dined there over the years. Great meals each time.

2 Likes

Brutal, had many memorable meals there

2 Likes

Chef Sugishita is okay…his side business (I suppose it’s his main business now) effort continues to live, but in a different part of the city (Arts District). He’s still got openings for the 4th of July weekend and is doing a mix of pick-up and deliveries.

9 Likes

A terrible loss for LA. I will miss them dearly and treasure the excellent meals and memories I’ve had (and some notable pairings as well). At least we have well archived FTC posts (including ones I created) to revisit whenever we all feel nostalgic. Thanks also everyone on FTC who contributed their feedback and visits as part of these collective memories.

8 Likes

Yeah, as others have mentioned it’s not just the excellent food it was atmosphere and the memories made. :cry:

2 Likes

:frowning:

1 Like

We’ll always have Vegas.

4 Likes

This is so sad, heard today from a friend.

Reports are it will be a fast casual ramen/sashimi place like we need another one of those…

3 Likes