Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

LOL, They probably would just give them to you if you asked.

They actually gave us a small (prob 5oz?) Bean dip and a to/go bag for the 30 salsas we took. The chile de arbol salsa is drinkable and unavailable at the NoHo.

Yeah, gonna do this again!

1 Like

This is a game changer.

1 Like

Tacomiendo is a great place to do this too, because you can still partake of the free cauldron of beans :slight_smile:

1 Like

And fresh flour tortillas made in-house. You, sir, are a genius.

1 Like

The location on Gateway, was closed because of a roach infestation. But they have plenty of other problems with their latest health inspection. Not sure if they’ve reopened yet.

1 Like

Posted this in the Breakfast Burrito thread, but thought I’d share it here also for those people looking for SFV food.

2 Likes

Yikes! They’re back open but have a C. I like to say, “B is for burritos,” but I draw the line at a C.

1 Like

Just an FYI that Tampa Garden has been sold! I called earlier to place a to-go order and was told they are new owners. I told them I’d call back, but then I looked up the Yelp reviews and decided not to order.

Damn, that sucks! They were the only Chinese restaurant in the SFV that I liked. And grandma was a gem!

1 Like

thanks for the heads up…

1 Like

On a related note, Song Phat definitely not owned by the same people anymore. The homie that used to work there is clearly no longer there, as evidenced by the lack of crowds on Tuesday during peak dinner (he used to pack that place with his friends).

1 Like

Not sure if I ever mentioned this, but I have an app that allows me to see how busy they are.

http://nowait.com/guests/

The app displays current wait times, mostly for places like Chili’s and Buffalo Wild Wings and the like, but both Salsa & Beer locations are in the app.

3 Likes

So, “C” is for cucarachas?

2 Likes

Non, mon frere. “C” is for Chinese only. :smiley:

3 Likes

Tacomiendo… 3 orders of asada ala carte… $18. Much more impressive quantity than the photo can convey.

And you can get creative with your meal LOL

@Bigmouth: BTW, back at an “A” rating.

3 Likes

Moved to Woodland Hills this past March. Here’s the spots that I like so far:

Joey’s - Good rotisserie chicken. Happy Hour not great both for food and only drinks worth ordering are the draft beers.

Gasolina Cafe - Everything I’ve had here has been good. Wish they had a bigger indoor dining area. Inside is two small two tops and two small counters. Cramped to say the least.

Todo Bien Kitchen and Tequila Bar - Fairly new gringo modern Mexican. Decent date spot, nice ambience. Not on the level of a Mercado or Petty Cash but decent and the best Mexican of this kind anywhere in Woodland Hills.

Magpies Softserve (Tarzana)- 4 dairy based 4 non-dairy (almond milk) based soft served flavors in constant rotation. Almond Corn is the go to non-dairy. We’ve abandoned Wanderlust for the time being because of this place opening back in May I believe.

I’ve been eating at FishBone 1-2x a week for the past several weeks. A pound of catfish and half pound of jumbo shrimp is about 18 bucks.

Sorta cheating because it’s literally right next to the 405 (sepulveda and ventura), but I’m a huge fan of Mizlala.

1 Like

@JThur01 has a very intriguing writeup on Red Chili, a Pakistani place. Anyone tried it yet?

http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/red-chili-halal-restaurant-has-las-largest-pakistani-offerings-8489147

2 Likes

It’s been there for a few years. Tried it 3 times I think? Not too fond of it – too inconsistent, and the service sucks. We were there once and the server was after us to tip him in cash, and when my husband told him he didn’t have cash on him, the server got all pissy and practically threw the check at us. That was the last time we went.

Tawakal in Chatsworth has much better Pakistani food, but it’s better for take out and catering.

1 Like