Favorite Restaurants San Fernando Valley (SFV)?

This just popped up in a podcast I got turned onto.
I need Hungry Fox in my life.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Growing up, Carnival in Sherman Oaks was always my family’s go-to spot for Lebanese food. Still is.

4 Likes

Big fan of their labneh.

1 Like

Honeybaked Ham in Northridge has a pretty good breakfast, and I’ve seen people get mimosas. Can’t think of anything else for North Valley. If you’re willing to go south, Blu Jam or Hugo’s are good.

1 Like

Goto@Silog in Panorama City

Arroz Caldo with Tokwat Baboy and Sizzling Sisig. IMO, best sisig in LA. First time having Arroz Caldo, full of flavor, way better than any jook/congee/rice porridge I’ve ever had. Tokwat baboy was fried well and perfect. Garlic rice was kinda weak but just cover it in sisig and you won’t notice.

7 Likes

Back at Salsa & Beer NoHo.

Gr8pimpin Protein Platter. Ok, they didn’t serve it on the same plate this time. Side of asada, side of carnitas.

Wifey got the usual asada y camarones

And “Boy” got his monstrous fajita burrito

4 Likes

Where did you park? Home Depot? Nice pics btw!

Right in the lot. We got there at about 5:30. Sat right down, line started after we got there.

But, There’s a guy watching the lot. Tells you when a space opens up, directs things. It’s actually been a lot better than it used to be. They also have some parking across the little street that they will direct you to if there’s an opening. Usually a wait, but not ungodly like it used to be.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Saw someone having chips/ salsa and Huevos Ranchero with Cervesa at Las Fuentes in Reseda for breakfast. Cheers!

3 Likes

Jinky’s in Studio City and Sherman Oaks. Red velvet pancakes, if they still have them.
Jinkys.com

And, Sweet Butter Kitchen for breakfast.
Croque Madame
https://www.sweetbutterkitchen.com/breakfastmenu

2 Likes

An NYT article on Hotville Chicken mentioned an unrelated place Hawaiian Hot Chicken on Reseda and Dearborn. Has anyone been? How was it?

I’ve been around 6-7 times. It got so popular around here especially with CSUN students that the line most days could be up to an hour long. They use small Hawaaiin buns- they keep two buns attached and cut it lengthwise like a hot dog bun. It’s a little hard to hold but makes for a great counterpoint paired with the spicy chicken. It’s really good. Probably my 2nd favorite after Howlin.

3 Likes

Chiang Mai Thai Kitchen is my current favorite Thai in SFV.

Thai sausage khao soi, where have you been all my life.

11 Likes

Thanks @Ns1. Is the official name Chiang Mai Thai Kitchen? Just making sure which restaurant to bookmark. :slight_smile:

What else do you like on the menu? Thanks.

1 Like

Yes that is correct. I’m partial to their khao soi, Thai sausage, and TBH their fried rice hits the fucking spot.

I do not care for their pork jerky.

1 Like

This is funny… I’ll take my sai oua on the side please. Never seen that combo in a bowl before :slight_smile:

Yeah me neither. But it’s delicious…vastly superior to a drumstick IMO.

On your recommendation went there just now and got the Thai sausage khao soi. Delicious! However I was only the second table occupied on a Thursday night. I certainly hope the word spreads about how good this place is!

3 Likes

That looks yummy. What is that curly stuff (I limit my gluten)?