February 2020 Rundown

I always put some of those braised beef in the porridge. Good stuff.

I love the crispy sweet crepe from Bhan Khanom! I only eat the egg yolk thread one (the yellow topping) because the orange one I think has shrimp in it. I like the different textures- the crepe part is nice and crunchy, the hardened layer of coconut cream adds a nice smooth texture, and the shredded sweetened egg yolk threads are the sweetest part. I usually get a dozen to share with my husband and we eat it all the same day :laughing: Love the pangchi too!

2 Likes

Thanks @hanhgry. :slight_smile: I’ll have to try them next time.

1 Like

A couple other things to try at Bhan Kanom, with some caveats as well. I like their sticky rice zong zhi type things, sorry I forget what they’r e called! They have taro or banana fillings and come steamed or grilled. They’re both on the sweet side, but they’re not big so it works for me.

They have a tasty Thai tea custard in their refrigerator too. Basically a Thai tea in a nice smooth custard/pudding form.

2 Likes

Hi @glazedonut,

Ooh! Thanks for the recommendations. :slight_smile: I didn’t even see that Thai tea custard the last few times we went. I’ll have to try this next time. Thanks. :slight_smile:

100% agree with your assessment of Spoon by H. Been twice, cute little place with nice people, but oh the sugary sweetness—tasted like death by sucrose. Strictly for the kids (and those with kids’ palates).

1 Like

They made Food and Wine’s “Best New Restaurants” list as number 1.