Flor y Solera (Arts District)

Warrior: The food was great and exceeded my expectations. It’s the best traditional Spanish food I’ve tasted in LA by a wide margin. Ingredients were high quality, and execution was on point. The dishes had nuanced, layered flavors. Kudos to the chef. 5.8 Warrior Points.

Peony: Wonderful dining experience. Very friendly, courteous servers. All the dishes were executed well. For someone not familiar with Spanish food, I enjoyed the flavor combinations quite a lot. I felt the chef has a good palate. I would certainly go back for more visits.

8 Likes

Photo dump

Unicornio

Tapas were better than the mains. Arroz negra > Arroz with bacalao. We enjoyed the croquettes, shrimp, and tortilla the most. The almond cake was still super dense even with the sherry and the chocolate sauce accompanying the churros was a hit.

Service is really nice here. But they really try to fit in as many seats in the house as they can. It was a little tight to leave the table for the facilities.

9 Likes

Is the first pic olives + green beans?

Olives, anchovy & pickled peppers.
A nice way to wake up the palate!

1 Like

tempted. any more recent visitors?

We went to Flor y Solera in June. Really great service in a welcoming space, typical of the Arts District. Highlights for us were the arroz negre, ajo blanco, gambas, tortilla de patatas, mejillones and croquetas. Not truly wow’ed by any of their desserts, but than again Salt & Straw isn’t far away.

2 Likes

Sort of hit or miss for me tbh

Loved the mussels, garlic almond soup and the fish

So odd to watch them make pizzas for Brera inside Flor and not be able to order some flat bread or something

They’ve got staffing problems because they’re trying to run 3 restaurants. Poor server that started 2 weeks ago was running around greeting customers at front desk (hostess was meandering), serving, taking orders AND helping bus tables.

Ordered red wine because of the rabbit. Had half a bottle before learning rabbit is gone. The only other entry of interest really ( i’m not ordering paella in la) was fish… hostess / manager lady barely understood my issue and request to replace the remaining red wine with at least some cheap white wine glasses… finally complied.

3 Likes