Hayato - ROW DTLA

email

3 Likes

Email like Porky said, or…just show up and give your friend’s name.

with caviar bae @Clayfu and unverified max

3 Likes

Not that hayato needs more public adoration from some smucks. But it was probably the best meal I’ve had at hayato in recent memory. The anago rice was next level

5 Likes

Ears perked up…

@PorkyBelly’s IG captioning service, obon and typhoon season :cyclone: edition.

sakizuke - seared kinmedai (chiba katsuura), tosazu, soramame, shiso blossoms

agemono - brentwood corn and hokkaido scallop kakiage, salt

grilled hamo, fresh wasabi, salt

aemono - live santa barbara spot prawns, okra, snap peas, udo, kinome, kimizu sauce

yaki nasu, shredded ginger, bonito dashi

(new) shinogi (tekka don) - sushi rice, shiso, sesame seeds, nori, wasabi

owan - dungeness crab (oregon) suimono, baby kabu, yuzu

(new) otsukuri - tennen tai, mirugai (washington), wasabi, fresh nori, myoga, shiso

sake steamed abalone, abalone nikogori cube, abalone liver sauce, wasabi

charcoal grilled nodoguro, charcoal roasted renkon

(new) shin ika tempura, daikon and ginger ankake

nabe - grilled and steamed amadai, komatsuna, shiitake

grilled karasumi

anago and kinome gohan

nori, miso soup, cucumber, myoga, kabu, hojicha

that okoge :rice:

fin

ezgif.com-crop

ken’s top notch white nectarine, sake and sea salt gelee

harry’s berries gaviota, kinako infused whipped cream

wasanbon

15 Likes

For fun I wanted to see if I could get a reservation via Tock. The reservations don’t even show up - it’s not like I can’t click on it in time, they’re literally not even there. It goes straight from not yet open for reservations at 9:59:59 to sold out at 10:00:00.

Given that the page has a disclaimer about bots, it is clear that people were using them, and I am quite sure people are still using them. It’s not like Tock has super hi-tech anti bot measures - it’s actually quite hard to detect bots in many cases, as the whole point of bots are that they are designed to mimic human behavior. If Ticketmaster, who has an entire department devoted to identifying bots and inauthentic behavior still can’t identify bots most of the time, then there’s no way Tock stands a chance.

"The use of bots, scripts, and alternative methods of booking reservations is a violation of the Tock Terms of Use, and individuals who engage in such activity will have their reservation cancelled and permanently restricted. "

2 Likes

Seriously - is there any way to get into this restaurant? I’ve been trying for months reloading the page at 10am on the dot to get a spot for me and my partner. Today I couldn’t even click anything as it immediately said sold out. I know that many seats are reserved for regulars but it seems impossible to get in. I wanted to go in 2021 but a health diagnosis on top of COVID prevented me from eating out for 2 1/2 years and now it’s 2023, I’m done with treatment and it’s impossible to get in.

Any tips?

1 Like

i think they’re having technical difficulties today, it goes fast but not that fast. keep trying

I forgot to log on until 10:02 lol but plenty of 2 tops were opening up 10 minutes later, I saw eight or so different nights

looks like he’s taking the week of the 15th off, so probably technical difficulties getting that in the system. no bots. delayed release.

2 Likes

Welp I’ll try again in October. :frowning:

1 Like

just released oct 1, up for grabs.

Ahh delayed release that makes much more sense. Happened with Majordomo x Anjak yesterday too (though that was Resy not Tock). Makes me wonder if these releases are done manually…which would be odd, seems like a very easy thing to schedule/automate.

i try every month for fun, and this is the first time it’s been delayed. probably because of taking the week of the 15th off.

Wow after venting above I got a reservation. Looks like refreshing endlessly works. It is possible to get in without a bot!

12 Likes

Tbh I think the delayed release probably threw people off and made it easier.

2 Likes

I have a 2-person reservation for October 14 in my cart if anybody wants it. No markup. Just helping out the homies.

3 Likes

I have learned that when restaurants say reservations will be available at X time it is not the same thing as an artist saying tickets will be on sale at X time.

1 Like

brandon is very aware how difficult it is to reserve and can easily fill every seat with regulars, but doesn’t. he always has seats open for tock.

6 Likes