Hayato - ROW DTLA

August 9 at 3pm!! Anyone else get one? They went crazy fast, I feel pretty lucky!

3 Likes

I was refreshing the wrong page (main hayato) and when I realized it, I tried to go to the lunch bento page had it in cart but was unable to check out.

1 Like

Picking one up today. Woo-hoo!

2 Likes

As good as always. I missed these veggies.

10 Likes

It was wonderful. And, more than any meal I’ve eaten in the last four-and-a-half months, it filled me with a sense of peace and quiet happiness, an echo of how I centered I always felt having dinner at Hayato. Even at my own dining room table, I felt a bit transported to Japan.

Chef Go looks relaxed and happy, glad to be back at work.

9 Likes

I’ve said it before, but it’s always true, everytime I have a meal at hayato I feel transported back to japan. This bento box was even better than I remembered, definitely more seasoned and flavorful and the dashi was more present. Chef go has each component perfectly dialed in. The quality, execution, amount of work, and thoughtfulness of this bento box makes it the best in the city, it’s not even close. And at 52 dollars+tt, the qpr is so high, it’s a steal.

Highlights, everything. More specifically, the wild mexican white shrimp shinjo, grilled hokkaido scallop, black cod saikyo yaki, snow crab claw sunomono, datemaki tamago, shiitake nimono, snow crab tofu, satsuma sweet potato, agedashi eggplant, koshihikari rice.

And my mostest favorite highlight, the wild mexican white shrimp shinjo, this was insanely good and reminded me of a fried har gow with super fresh pieces of shrimp @moonboy403

commissioner gordon, turn on the bat signal. @butteredwaffles, @Starchtrade, @TheCookie, @Chowseeker1999, @A5KOBE, @Bagel, @chewchow, @Pomsmoms, @J_L.

hayato_bento_box_image

the band is finally back together

richard-san

the notorious BHG back in the game and yuki-san (hiro-san in the back)

grilled hokkaido scallop shioyaki

black cod saikyo yaki

dashimaki tamago

seared duck breast

satsuma sweet potato mitsu-ni

snow crab claw sunomono

wild mexican white shrimp shinjo

baby japanese turnip

datemaki tamago

agedashi eggplant

dried shiitake nimono

honshimeji mushroom ohitashi

winter melon in ginger dashi

chrysanthemum greens with sudachi citrus

snow crab tofu

pickled carrot

koshihikari rice with root vegetables

fin

28 Likes

Wowwwwww

2 Likes

MVP(ost)

2 Likes

Forgot to post the to-go sake menu, @beefnoguy.

Also, stay tuned for a hayato takeaway dinner in the future.

13 Likes

:grin: Nothing stops you. It looks spectacular.

1 Like

Sexy AF closeup shots!!! Well done @PorkyBelly and thanks for posting the sake menu! I’m very happy to see he’s offering up his list to go!

2 Likes

If anyone has a bento order for this month and needs to cancel or can’t pick it up any longer, please let me know! Help a fellow FTC’er out :grimacing::beers:

1 Like

Hayato takeaway dinner?!? :scream::exploding_head::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

including his bo zushi :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

#JustTakeMyMoney

2 Likes

:poop: :poop: :poop:

Disclaimer: NOT a product of Hayato

1 Like

Anybody interested in skipping the F5 and placing an ftc bulk bento order? If there’s enough interest I can email them and try to arrange a date. We’ll need to order at least 6 bentos and they’ll need 4 weeks notice so it won’t be until sometime in September.

13 Likes

yes please

I’m down for 1.

Super interested!