Hayato - ROW DTLA

and in his own words, it’s what gives his life meaning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDKBLDJDVb0/

4 Likes

So states the gospel of Brandon.

Late post - Nabe night

Grabbed one of these fun boxes during soft opening in January. This may be my most favorite takeout of all the pandemic. I loved that it was an interactive experience that was casual enough to do at home, but luxurious enough to feel like a treat because of the great ingredients.

Oh, how I have missed the sake gelée! I so clearly remember the Andy’s orchard peaches in this same gelée in 2018 and the pears were also a delight.

13 Likes

Baller mode:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMf1LhtjCWB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

6 Likes

Nabe sets are still available on Tock for the next two weeks, Fridays-Sundays, after which we will be taking a vacation and making final preparations to begin dine-in service early this summer.

Light at the end of the tunnel. :partying_face:

6 Likes

buy a meal, give a meal
from 3/20 to 4/16 everytime you buy a meal at the row, a meal will be donated to a frontline worker at keck hospital of usc.

the best damn bento in la, not even close.
this month’s highlights
shrimp shinjo
black cod saikyo yaki
hokkaido scallop
agedashi eggplant
seared duck breast

shout-out to the carrot.

phil and lily wondering why they don’t have a bento. #somebodyfeedphilabento

19 Likes

Poor Phucking Phil. He must have been pissed.

1 Like

It’s amazing how even though it’s the same every time, this is still so true.

I also thought this month that the black cod was a standout. It seems like Chef is just in the gym working on his jumper one month and then layups the next, continuing to dial it in on these individual pieces.

5 Likes

4 Likes

JUST DO IT. You’ll regret not trying the nabe while you can. Best damned meals of the pandemic, IMO. I loved the orizume, but the nabe (had it 3 times) just ticked all the boxes, big time. Maybe the fact that it was a hot meal? Fun and interactive but also elegant and sexy (those slithery, supple somen noodles at the end, in that gloriously flavorful broth…). We would eat this every week if we had the opportunity and the bank account!

6 Likes

@PorkyBelly you almost ruined their shoot and IG post.

5 Likes

Phil wishes to have what you’re having…

3 Likes

He really wishes he had a bento cuz I see something he is having that I thought was damn near inedible. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

i need to ask - was i the only person that ate the Nabe like a chinese hot pot and basically put everything into the pot at the same time. LOL

I made a nabe noodle bowl with my leftovers does that count

2 Likes

Yep! You just couldn’t wait, could you?

Hayato will be closed for a short break from April 2nd - April 11th. Starting in April, Lunch Bento service will return to Friday/Saturday scheduling. Bento reservations for the remaining days of April (16, 17, 23, 24, 30) and May 1st (Saturday) will be released at the regularly scheduled time at 10:00AM PST on April 1st, 2021.

3 Likes

the last of the nabes, is this the beginning of the end of the golden age of takeout?

it was just as good as before, with the only differences being, the persimmons in sesame gaoma-ae was replaced with apple and watercress in tofu shira-ae and the japanese strawberries were replaced with pears and sake jelly. it also came with color-printed menu along with the handwritten menu.

chef go also included an incredibly delicious and easy to make takenoko gohan kit that was a pleasant surprise. i hope these gohan kits become a thing in the future.

japanese sea bream (madai), charcoal seared kinmedai, horse mackerel (aji)

uni “tsukudani”

apple and watercress in tofu shira-ae

house made yuba, soy sauce ankake, yuzu zest

steamed abalone with daikon

asian pears with sake jelly

takenoko gohan
the takenoko and rice came out perfectly, loved the minty flavor of the kinome leaves. almost as good as dining in.

20210328_215505-ANIMATION

16 Likes

Chef Go is the best.
We are lucky to have him.

6 Likes

thank you to chef go for the delicious karasumi

12 Likes