Hayato - ROW DTLA

I got my birthday reservation! :smiley:

My #1 pick and I got it!

Are you going there too?

Edit: I got to figure out how to deal with my asian glow, I felt warm and dizzy after 1 beer from New Years party.

1 Like

Bento resā€¦epic fail wtf you mean to tell me there are bigger food nerds than us?

There were plenty of Lunch Bentos available, even after 5 minutes. What time did you try getting them?

Or is there a specific date youā€™re trying to aim for?

Just 10 more days until my Lunch Bento.

Good for you. I was under the weather and overslept. By the time I got onto Resy, it was all booked up, so no birthday dinner for me. Hoping Iā€™ll get notified of an opening.

1 Like

It will be your birthday too? Happy early b day!

Thanks, and likewise!

If you were to choose between Hayato or Somni, which would you have your bday dinner at?

If you have to ask the answer is always Jumbos

4 Likes

I had my bday meal across three different places 3 nights in a rowā€¦ Angler, Keiko a Nob Hill, Sushi Yoshizumi.

Being the good FTCer, my suggestion is do both Hayato and Somni. Because, #YOLO

1 Like

Not if that means selling off bento/dinner reservations to fund those other dinners.

8 Likes

Oh, SNAP for a first post!

4 Likes

I would like to start this decade off on the right foot, but there are some posts that made me feel that I will always be seen here in a bad light. Iā€™ve made blunders some time back and Iā€™ve done my best to alleviate them to everyone affected (apologized, refunded everybody and they were able to dine there on November and December).

I like to believe that I can improve and be a better person. I want to be happier, and food is among the most enjoyable ways to enjoy my life; Iā€™ve been thinking of my trip this weekend for Hayatoā€™s Lunch Bento, The Broad, and Howlinā€™ Rays Chicken along with a few Dine L.A. trips, and more Bento boxes in time for my sisterā€™s birthday.

I feel that you guys are making fun at me at my expense. I thought FTC is a supportive community.

Iā€™ve said my piece. Now onto learning more JAVA, SQL, Data Loading stuff for the job. Learning Spring, Docker, Python are part of my goals too.

1 Like

@lafoodie, you started off on an extremely poor foot. Just like in real life, some people will forgive and forget, some will not.

It has not helped that your subsequent posts have been veryā€¦ strange.
I am usually puzzled by your posts. I still ponder whether you have ulterior motives, like collecting info on most desirable reservations and how to score them in order to sell the reservations on other platforms.

Furthermore, your posts have been short and overly vague and in the vein of ā€œtell me what to doā€ rather than showing a genuine interest in learning about the topic at hand. The ā€œWhat soft drink should I order at Taco Maria?ā€ episode was especially irksome.

How to get out of this hole?

Contribute. So far, you have only been consuming info here. (I also need to take this advice.)
Edit: After checking your post history, you have provided some reports on your visits. Keep it up, and try adding some pics.

Also, it wouldnā€™t hurt to use that little heart icon at the bottom of posts to become a part of the community.

13 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I havenā€™t even noticed your posts. Must have scrolled right past.

1 Like

These 2 things are not mutually exclusive.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been working at my first job for a few years and I have budgeted enough this year to treat myself out and others once in a while. The trouble is that I overthink too much and I always have trouble making choices. The factors I take into account are cost, time, availability, whether I order too much food that the money could have been used on another next trip, what I should try on my next trip, whether I would enjoy my meal, etc. Iā€™m used to eating at home and Iā€™m overwhelmed by the vast food scene of LA. So many places to try and so little time and money to work with!

I apologize that I gave the impression that I was collecting data to figure out the hottest spots. I was curious about everything and Iā€™m learning everything from scratch. By scratch, I mean my dining experiences are restaurant chains such as In N Out, Subways, McDonaldā€™s, and discounted Asian restaurants with a scrimp and save habit.

I couldā€™ve come up with better questions. Iā€™m very interested in trying drinks as well, but Iā€™m used to drinking mostly iced water (because theyā€™re free and refreshing) and occasionally sodas. I canā€™t imagine what other drinks are like. Thankfully, I found that Aqua Fresca at Taco Maria are always worth getting, especially to someone who canā€™t tolerate alcohol well and gets the Asian Glow easily. I recently learned of Pepcid AC, so I hope that helps when I try wine pairings.

Thanks for the feedback @Starchtrade ,

Iā€™ll listen to your advice and enjoy myself.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s a community without a little good-natured ribbing? Emphasis on a little good-natured ribbing.

7 Likes

as do iā€¦for the most part. why bother spending more on drinks when i donā€™t truly enjoy them?

4 Likes

I want to discover drinks that are much more enjoyable than iced water. I love iced water. I donā€™t like most drinks because they usually taste manufactured, less refreshing than iced water and overpriced

Sometimes, the only way for you to know is to experiment/experience it for yourself. Independently of what anyone else thinks.

9 Likes