Holbox by Chichen Itza

How come my pictures aren’t as good ? :thinking: I think I’ll have to take classes from you with @Armillaria

3 Likes

Please @PorkyBelly show me your ways (I came back just to piggyback off @hppzz :rofl:) :star_struck: :heart_eyes_cat: :kissing_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

imma teach you patrick swayze ghost-style next time.

2 Likes

You get first dibs

1 Like

Showing the way

17 Likes

This reply belongs in FTC hall fame right up there with courtroom drawing.

6 Likes

Vintage PorkyBelly.

2 Likes

Super tasty. Every piece of seafood in the stew was perfectly cooked.

11 Likes

I went to the tasting menu recently and I actually found the meal a bit too overpowering! just soo much food it all started to blend together a little… I agree the warm dishes were strong but I honestly think someone can just order their regular tacos and seafood stew etc and have just as wonderful experience. remarkable crab taco though!

I probably wouldn’t do the tasting again, BUT this is still probably the best seafood place in LA. Just after the reviews I didn’t feel emotional just a little bloated and dazed haha.

7 Likes

I feel this way about most TM’s. Probably repeating myself/getting on my soapbox again, so apologies, but it drives me nuts that TM’s are pretty much the norm for high-end dining. I get why the restaurants want/need to control their costs/labor but it’s not for me.

2 Likes

I love prix fixe but (with the exception of sushi omakase) not a long series of canape-size dishes a la Thomas Keller. I’d rather have an old-fashioned menu dégustation with maybe six courses.

2 Likes
5 Likes

This is my fear and why I haven’t pulled the trigger on the TM even though Holbox is my favorite seafood spot. I can eat a lot in a day but not in one sitting - that’s when it becomes an endurance sport for me. I am curious about the items that aren’t on the regular menu though. :thinking:

1 Like

I found the meal on the light side for a tasting menu.

2 Likes

I would love a lighter tasting menu. But do not dine without wine and they do not have a license! It really kills me. I might just bite the bullet for research purpose and go! Like I did for Soban.

2 Likes

I keep thinking a full-bodied sake would be great with Holbox dishes.

2 Likes

The line at 1140. So happy for them so sad for myself lol.

16 Likes

pro tip, if there’s an open seat at the bar you can sit down and they’ll come around and take your order.

13 Likes

I took some friends recently and everything I really wanted was sold out. :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Huge pro tip!

4 Likes