Home Cooking 2022

That is brilliant. It reminds me a bit of one of my other favorite Japanese Eggplant Preps… perfect rice bowl topping…

4 Likes

I have this one. Having steam function and being able to control the % of moisture in oven mode is a godsend. It also acts as an air fryer since it has convection mode, it can “sous vide” and even comes with a built in food probe so you can monitor your protein’s temp which is great for reverse sear or simply hitting desired target temp.

You can operate the oven remotely with an app too.

4 Likes

Thanks! Not sure if @Mattapoisett_in_LA in LA. wants that one or another we still have a ways away for completion of the project so I keep thinking maybe there will be something new on the horizon… Especially for breadmaking (We have Joule sous vide which we use quite a bit)

1 Like

if you have space, then a built in combi makes sense since this is a countertop version. the upside is that this is also much cheaper than built in ones that cost thousands.

i have an anova one that had since retired after i got the combi. no more filling up large pots of water.

2 Likes

I don’t have one but I’ll pass along that there is a huge thread over at gullet on the Anova. Seems to get raves.

1 Like

Yeah, the remodel on the kitchen side is not that extensive. We are reclaiming a couple of feet due to moving the washer and dryer from the kitchen into a proper laundry room/pantry. So it would remain a countertop version.

1 Like

Air fryer is great for eggplant. Also tofu. And sweet potato tots. We have a small kitchen with zero room for more stuff but got the air fryer anyway a couple Christmases ago.

3 Likes

That’s a crazy post @TheCookie beautiful.

1 Like

I tried another traditional shrimp and anson grits. Probably too much roux but it’s lovely. Bell pepper is key

9 Likes

No such thing as too much roux lol!

1 Like

Is the Anova Precision the poors’ version of the Rational iCombi?

Yup.

Who wants wallpaper glue sauce :laughing:

Socca, yogurt with herbs, Lupin beans, charred green beans. Poached egg & persillade. There’s a little house smoked hot sauce as well

9 Likes

Very nice! I’d never heard lupin or lupini beans before. Were these marinated?

Thanks @nemroz! :smile:

The shrimp & grits look yummy heavy roux or no heavy roux. Do you have a recipe to share or is it a Nemroz special?

I bought the dried ones from bay cities and cooked jarred them myself so they were cooked and ready in the fridge. I’ve thought about marinating them but I figure they are more versatile just with some cooking liquor

2 Likes

Excellent.

1 Like

They’ve been in a canning jar for a couple months now I’m impressed they are still good. It’s my footrest time trying them

1 Like

My aunt in Michigan sent my mom a box of frozen Porto’s pastries. My mom lives 1.8 miles away from the Buena Park location. My mom has no freezer space. She gave me all the pastries. I’m not mad. It’s nice that Porto’s includes parchment paper in the box.

Is putting something on a baking sheet considered cooking? The guava cheese pastry came out nice and flaky. The chocolate twist is a little dark. The potato ball was delightful.

7 Likes