Horses 🐴 - Hollywood

Is Ben the bearded fellow who sits at the very end of the bar?

yes

Beer and a Makers on the rocks. The man has a “I’m a regular” drinking regimen.

Warrior: pretty good except Cornish hen was too dry. 5.0 Warrior points. Too loud. Good wine list. Peony and I both go A.O.C. over Horses, but that’s a pretty close comparison food-wise.

Peony: I enjoyed the food a lot. No I don’t want to [compare the restaurant to horse songs]. I’m working.

Supposedly there’s a crazy, Spotted Pig style scandal that’s gonna drop about one of the chefs of this restaurant. And that it’s closing. We’ll see…

Something beyond this old news?

I’d be surprised if it were closing since it’s almost impossible to get a reservation.

Lord no. It is quite sordid. Outta Harmony Korine’s Gummo.

*Of note/edit/mea culpa. The rumor on the bowels of the internet this morning was substantially different than what’s alleged in this story and only involved solo, sexual misconduct, not domestic violence. Do not want to make light of or joke about that in any way. So apologies for the tone of the previous.

7 Likes

Yikes. I guess they’re not both in the kitchen at Horses any more.

2 Likes

I always wondered what was in that boudin basque.

I’ll see myself out.

6 Likes

There’s more to it. New Yorker story coming soon. Sex, sex workers, cats all involved.

5 Likes

give us the scoop! I don’t want to wait that long

3 Likes

Never been to Horses but I remember this chef couple chillin with Mark Wiens eating birria at Slauson tracks, xian bings in SGV, and with Armen at Mini Kabob. If you told me a few years later this dude was killing cats. What. I guess you never know.

5 Likes

The rumor on Twitter this morning involved onanism, necrophilia, and cats. Twitter search Horses LA if you wanna dig into that… Who knows?

5 Likes

fucking fucccccckkkk… did it have to be the Armenian guy… finally we had a real point of pride and he’s a sadist? guess i’m still hoping it’s not true but already not sounding like i’m very excited about this.

5 Likes

The dude likes to jerk off while killing cats.

3 Likes

who knew restaurant drama could be so interesting. obviously take everything below with a grain of salt, but hey if you’re looking for entertainment at 5p on a Wednesday, click away!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fauxmoi/comments/13k53i9/can_someone_explain/

3 Likes

The LA Times updated the story with this quote:

“I love cats, mice. And every other animal under gods/allah whatever each religion calls him/her and have loved all animals since I was a child,” Aghajanian wrote in a message to a reporter. “I have problems killing lobster, and usually try to do it in the most humane way possible.”

2 Likes

like what if maybe she’s really making it up?

possible i guess, but that’s some insane shit to just make up. just the logistics of wanking it with cat claws around seems too much for me, but what do i know.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsXgcYQLtlK/

3 Likes