I need to say a few things about CROISSANTS

12 at time since their oven has 2 racks.

6bb66cfb5235686f8bf319b448567b4d4a54eed5_2_690x474

3932a2d917c9c2f8c79a959dcdafaa29462a2a4f_2_640x500

8080a8fb2c0e20b7429b8fa1acd7759bf02d6258_2_668x500

15 Likes

When does Petit Trois have croissants?

Weekend brunch at Petit Trois Le Valley. Not sure about the other location.

2 Likes

Forgot my serated knife. Proof is great. The croissant is flaky buttery and very good. Small little quibble is that the inside honeycomb was a little dense. Not as airy as the best croissants. The ham and gruyere was delightful and the vegan coconut macaron was outstanding. If you like coconut you must get one. Crunchy but light little nugget of goodness. Sorry for the blurry photo.

13 Likes

I don’t love their regular croissants, but the ham and cheese one I had at Clark St. recently was really good.

1 Like

The buttery shell of Artelice’s croissants shatter very pleasingly - and matches with Harry’s Berries confiture so, so delightfully…

12 Likes

Any love for almond croissants in here? Who has the best in LA? (If you also have any French pastry recs in NYC/Philly that would also be welcomed in a DM)

4 Likes

Had the last almond croissant from moulin in the dreaded south coast plaza pretty good (esp for 230 pm in afternoon) although I had zero expectations. They had a great ham and cheese baguette.

4 Likes

I always enjoy the ones my mom brings from the Studio City FM though don’t know which vendor it is. I like the one at Chaumont though like the regular one more

Edit: one more, I used to get the one from Cafe Zella on 16th and Wilshire like every Saturday, but haven’t been in years.

3 Likes

Lou the French on the Block

I usually buy Chaumont for my parents and can’t remember if I’ve ever had a bite.

2 Likes

Boulangerie Pierre and Patisserie in Garden Grove has an excellent one that uses house made almond paste and pastry cream inside with a crunchy sliced almond topping.

4 Likes

If you’re here on a weekend try to grab one at Petit Trois. They’re $9, but they’re the best I’ve had in LA.

2 Likes

A single almond croissant is $9? :frowning:

5 Likes

They sure are

3 Likes

Nowadays I’m pretty price insensitive but damn that is pricey!

3 Likes

I went to Paderia this weekend, and, when I saw that a single cookie is now $4.75, I was like, “I guess not…” Would’ve been good for the diet, except partner decided to bake a batch of choc chip cookies instead. :slight_smile: Hee, hee.

But one cannot whip up an almond croissant so easily. If @rohto says it’s THAT good, I’ll probably give it a try one day…

1 Like

Yeah tbh I prob would too

1 Like

Those cookies at Paseria are pretty big. They are similar to the thiccies at Laroolou and the cookies at Levain. If you go back we like the peanut butter chocolate cookies.

2 Likes

Brunch there is pretty great with the pastries and then an omelette (my wife’s fave) or a croque madam (my fave) along with a couple cocktails. However if you get the croque madam you’re gonna need a nap afterwards.

2 Likes

I don’t begrudge the Paderia for charging what they do. On top of being big, they’re also very well made. I just wasn’t in the mood to pay that yesterday. ::sigh::

FYI, Bon Appetit (at least on the streaming app) has a recipe that apparently does a decent recreation for the Levain cookie. I’ve never had a Levain cookie myself, so I can’t vouch for the accuracy, but the recipe makes for a pretty good cookie.

I think that would be my main reason for going, actually. A very soft omelette is right up my alley…