I need to say a few things about CROISSANTS

Brunch there is pretty great with the pastries and then an omelette (my wife’s fave) or a croque madam (my fave) along with a couple cocktails. However if you get the croque madam you’re gonna need a nap afterwards.

2 Likes

I don’t begrudge the Paderia for charging what they do. On top of being big, they’re also very well made. I just wasn’t in the mood to pay that yesterday. ::sigh::

FYI, Bon Appetit (at least on the streaming app) has a recipe that apparently does a decent recreation for the Levain cookie. I’ve never had a Levain cookie myself, so I can’t vouch for the accuracy, but the recipe makes for a pretty good cookie.

I think that would be my main reason for going, actually. A very soft omelette is right up my alley…

Paderia is pretty damn close to Levain. Don’t worry Levain is opening up in LA!

2 Likes

Yeah, the cookies looked almost identical (at least in style) to the Paderia one.

If Levain is opening up here, I guess I’ll get to decide if I want 2 cookies or a single almond croissant for the same price! :stuck_out_tongue: and :wink:

3 Likes

Artelice Patisserie (Burbank)

Chocolate Croissant - Quite good

Almond Croissant - Not bad, but not worth seeking out

Kouign Amann - Good, but not the best I’ve had. Lighter than most I’ve had and didn’t have the chewyness I’m used to in a Kouign Amann.

St Honoreé - Really delicious. Stole this pic from IG as I didn’t take a photo before devouring it.

8 Likes

I like a nice chocolate croissant but they all have the same issue of poor chocolate distribution. Not sure how to solve the problem but it forces me to take huge bites in order to get chocolate in each bite. 1st world problems.

5 Likes