Interesting new "Roman" place in Burbank - Gourmet Romano

How was the sandwich? And why didn’t you order a pizza?

I can find pizza anywhere but I’ve been eyeballing you FTC assholes eating the Pasta Sisters mortadella sandwich for months, so I had to have one.

It was fine if a little salty. I don’t have anything to compare it to besides “the sandwich” from Roma and I preferred what I had today over the sandwich. Thus my overall assessment of “has potential”

1 Like

That neighborhood has sure changed (and gotten more interesting dining-wise) a lot since I left it. Food looks good.
Prices at this Romano place are rather high for lunch…$15 for lunch is a bit steep for a the non-managerial entertainment folks who work in the neighborhood.

Website strongly suggests they’re making pinsa, though they don’t call it that.

$15 is about par these days for that area. If I want cheaper sandwiches gotta eat at the Comm or Jersey Mike’s.

Source: I eat a lot of $15+ sandwiches

2 Likes

Supplí!! Yum!! I might have to break the low carb plan and get a few hundred of those !

Thanks for the tip!!

Btw, these guys are indeed Italian. Only they would call potato chips “potatoes chip” :wink:

The supplì look legìt.

1 Like

Wait what? How did I miss this? What comes on the Pasta Sisters version?

(Dat sandwich looks amazing btw)

Hi @Bigmouth,

I posted about it here.

In Search of Lunchtime Pasta, from Disappointing to Excellent - Knead & Co., Pasta Sisters, Cento Pasta Bar, Bulgarini, Factory Kitchen and Drago Centro - #190 by Chowseeker1999

1 Like

Just mortadella and bread

1 Like

So yeah that pizza was pretty amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever had crust quite like this - definitely gets it right in the texture department.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info! So is it worth a try?

I think it’s worth a try one time, but I also try just about everything once if it looks good or people on FTC are raving about it. Would I get it every time? Probably not.

2 Likes

Hi @Bigmouth,

It was simple and tasty; worth a try once I think. If you’re in the mood for more of an Italian sandwich (with multiple cuts of meat, etc.), there are better options.

1 Like

I went back today - it’s crave worthy for me. More importantly, they have a banging lunch special - margherita pizza (the same one pictured above that costs $11.99) + a big ol’ mixed green salad for $8. It’s easily the best lunch deal for people in the area.

I want this place to survive but they’ve been open a few weeks now and I was the only customer for the first 30 minutes of lunch rush. They are definitely Italian.

2 Likes

The calzone lunch special. It’s $8.70 after tax - I just feel guilty at this price. image

3 Likes

That’s a steal in that neighborhood. I would’ve taken them up on that offer.

I understand Italian portion sizes now.

Was this tasty? Yes. Am I still hungry? Yes. Was it worth $20 after t/t? No.

Some other pics:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Leo and Pasta Sisters portions are bigger than that.

1 Like

Need uni for scale

2 Likes