July 2023 Rundown

I’m too old to eat meh AYCE sushi but back when I was in college, the pro move is to just to eat sashimi. Seriously though my best advice? I suggest you do the opposite and eat some nice omakase and get forever ruined and can’t go back to AYCE.

3 Likes

Some AYCE will not allow you to order sashimi (or limits the amount you can order).

2 Likes

Sushi Damu charges an extra $15 more for Sashimi, though I prefer to eat Nigiri. I hope their rice tastes good.

What are your favorite fish when ordering sushi?

Happy National Fried Chicken Day!

5 Likes

I personally always like salmon, albacore, yellowtail, and unagi. I’m very vanilla. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had 46 pieces, 30 of them were Bluefin Tuna. I also ate 7 and a half pieces of rice leftovers….

5 Likes

what are rice leftovers?

1 Like

My friends would eat the fish part without finishing the rice.

friendship over

7 Likes

Impressive!!!

Do they charge for rice leftovers?

Was the quality decent?

They charge $1 more for each rice leftovers.

Rice wasn’t bad (not cold, not hard). Some of the Tuna pieces are a delight to savor on. I could’ve try to fit in 11 more if it weren’t for rice leftovers. Eating became tiring for the final 6. (I could’ve stayed longer, though I didn’t want my friends to watch me eat while they wait for an hour)

$57.15 after tax and tip is a bit to spend. This was after the 25% price bump, though the restaurant was packed at lunch time today.

wait are you saying you could’ve eaten potentially 57 pieces and like ~$1 per piece based on that price you posted is a bit spendy? wild

2 Likes

I wanted to challenge myself to make up for the 25% price increase and that both of my 2 friends ate 14 nigiris and they shared 2 specialty maki rolls (one is 8 pieces and the other is 5 pieces)

I remember coming here over 5 years ago when lunch used to be in low $20s.

More like 0. Nobody can sell real bluefin that cheap.

Yep, likely bigeye tuna “repurposed” as bluefin. AYCE customers usually won’t notice the difference and will think they’re getting a deal (which for many is a part of the AYCE appeal, no?)…

2 Likes

But so much has changed in the last 5 yrs, no?

Everyone decides what prices work for them, but I gotta agree w/ @dvlpmnt’s take on this one.

1 Like

once again bumping this for your health - 30 pieces of tuna, fucking hell.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Donna’s was tasty.

10 Likes

We LOVE MENTONE!!!

1 Like