June 2016 Weekend Rundown

expensive with no reservations, but tasty.

Having said that, the “Seasoned Boneless Short Rib” is one of those perfect 5/7 dishes that I could eat 5 pounds of. Very different from many of the other seasoned boneless short ribs around town.

3 Likes

I agree with @ns1 the boneless short rib was insanely good. I also enjoyed the bone-in short rib, prime rib, spicy pork jowl and collar, spicy octopus, and kimchi fried rice.

#Luv2eat

Why couldn’t the chicken cross the road? Answer: because i ate its feet :baby_chick: :feet:

Jade noodles #goinggreen

Phuket style crab curry. Lunch today, enema tomorrow. #twoforone :crab: :poop:

Moo ping. So mooping good.

Kua gling spareribs

Chinese sausage fried rice

Papaya salad with salted egg

9 Likes

Looks so good @PorkyBelly. Thanks for the pics and funny comments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re the worst @PorkyBelly. I say that affectionately :wink:. Your pictures are awesome, as usual.

2 Likes

Happy Father’s Day!

2 Likes

:grin::smile:

3 Likes

#Howlin Ray’s
The chicken was so clucking hot a hobbit wandered in and threw a ring at it. :fire: :baby_chick:

8 Likes

Leave the gun…

Saturday
Little Jewel
Soft shell crab and BBQ shrimp po’boy

Bulgarini Gelato
Macerated Peach and Pistachio

Sunday
Crafted Donuts
Headed down to Corona Del Mar early Sunday morning as I was leading the open water swim for my triathlon club. No sharks to be seen, although the people I was with did not want to swim out to the second row of buoys. Anyway, on the way there we stopped in Fountain Valley to pick up some donuts. This one is their Strawberry Split.

Tackle Box
Tackle Box is the concession stand at Corona Del Mar State Beach and is owned by Brian Huskey, who previously worked with Ricardo Zarate and is a previous Top Chef contestant (disclosure - he is a friend of a friend).

Beach Corn (i.e. elote)

Cali Cheesesteak

11 Likes

Nice! How was the macerated peach gelato? Sounds awesome. :slight_smile:

And what did you think of the soft shell crab po boy?

is this a knife/fork affair?

No it picks up fine - even though the picture doesn’t make it appear so. But I ate some of the shrimp off first to make sure it would all (kind of) fit in the bread glove.

1 Like

It had a strong peach flavor with little bits of peach in it. Very refreshing!

1 Like

Hanjip AYCE

6 Likes

Fun weekend of eating.

Started it off at Maple Block with the prime rib and sausage sampler on special that day

Sat, You eat now pop up at Line Hotel/Pot
Pork belly, chicken skewer, purple potatoes and slaw

Afterwards, wandered over to Ktown night market since it was only a few blocks away. Nothing too outstanding, not a lot of Korean. Had to get the obligatory grilled squid.

Sunday, hit smorgasburg, already detailed in the dedicated thread. Finished off having dinner with parents for Father’s day. Rib eye steaks with all the trimmings, Fosselman’s ice cream to fill in the cracks.

7 Likes

Leave the gun… Take the cannolis.

[quote=“J_L, post:130, topic:3444, full:true”]
Leave the gun…
[/quote] I guess I should have read further before posting. Love it.

[quote=“Jase, post:137, topic:3444”]
Ktown night market. Nothing too outstanding
[/quote] Good to know. We were going to go, but then thought “meh”.

Hi @Jase,

How was the smoked prime rib at Maple Block? Thanks.