June 2020 Rundown

RE: Pizza Wagon

So my brother had two slices yesterday.

Ordered whole pies today. He said the whole pepperoni pie was definitely saucier than the slices, though he said it was great, and as it cooled it seemed more like the way he had it by the slice.

Yeah. I’m not happy LOL

2 Likes

maybe tomorrow!

1 Like

where is this? I have to know!

Interesting development at GCM

11 Likes

Good eye! Two boxes stacked. Parts of it were indeed Hayato-esque. Chef Sugishita and I have chatted briefly about his time there and I may have mentioned things that I loved…coincidentally, he helped Chef Go open and we chatted about the soft opening evening that I dined there.

2 Likes

Harry’s is now selling 16oz plastic clamshells for $11 instead of the open green baskets. Thanks a lot coron. I also noticed they’re selling sorbet so I had to pick up a pint for research. @Chowseeker1999, @attran99, @TheCookie

Did a side-by-side tasting with leo’s strawberry sorbet. Harry’s tasted slightly less concentrated and intense than leo’s, but with 90% of the flavor and at 50% of the cost I’m not complaining.

bulgarini strawberry sorbet

murray family farms - artic star white nectarines, klondike white peaches

13 Likes

I was going to go today, but slept in instead. How were the crowds at the HFM?

1 Like

Crush the actual gaviota berries into sweet cream for nirvana.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips!

Tire Shop

No corona deals here.

The carne asada and chorizo tacos :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Dear god this mulita was huge, and tasty AF! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

No more chairs but still business as usual and glad to see they require guests to wear masks.

Bang Bang with Superfine

Vegan pizza add un-vegan sausage

21 Likes

All Day Baby -
Last minute decision to grab some biscuits for the week. Also got the shrimp & grits, a Jack & Coke slushee and the sour cream cheesecake with strawberries and sumac. I think the grits at the restaurant is probably better than to-go. The fried leeks steam, the fried egg is still yolky, but goes over. It all becomes mush and soft. The shrimp Bolognese was quite delicious…very shimpy and flavorful. The cheesecake is for dessert later…and the slushee was particularly good…super refreshing…I should have gotten 2.
Edit:
This sour cream cheesecake with strawberry-sumac-pepita topping is legit! Cheesecake done in the NY-style vein. The crust is delightfully crisp even hanging out in the fridge last night. I wish there was more strawberry mix because it is delicious! Worth the $10.

Superfine Pizza -
Got them at Happy Hour prices…between 3-5PM only. I ordered a full cheese and pepperoni each. The Superfine chopped salad is chilling in the fridge. I ate the honey slice on the way home. It was nice and warm, but I didn’t love it. The salami is a tad too barnyard-y funky (and I normally love barnyard funk) and the honey was too sweet and there’s too much of it. The idea sounded lovely, but I just didn’t like it. The pepperoni chalices are superb.

13 Likes

I didn’t go this week, the last time I was there I only waited about 5 minutes to get in.

1 Like

Where did you pick up the fruit from if not HFM? I figured Sunday post = HFM.

I got it at the santa clarita farmers market.

3 Likes

Fantastic. I just received tags and messages because the reception in and around Carmel was ca-ca. On the way up passing farms, orchards & vineyards I thought of HB and looked them up. Doesn’t look like you can visit, but they have an interesting family history.

2 Likes

Fugetsu-Do

IMG_1120 2

Sidecar

IMG_1122 2

Chocolate Budino
IMG_1123 2

Salted Malted Cookie Dough
IMG_1124 2

Basil Eggs Benedict - never snagged one of these until last week.
IMG_1128 2

Burgerlords

IMG_1143

“Our collaboration with Brain Dead. The Brainburner: Chopped chillies, provolone cheese, jalapeño chips, garlic aioli and side of Sunburn Hot Sauce”

IMG_1150

15 Likes

For the mochi, what’s the one in the lower row, 2nd from right? Is it also filled w/ red bean?

And is the basil eggs benedict any good? I didn’t know they made savory items!

1 Like

I don’t remember the name but there was no filling I believe. No fill or white bean fill. Can’t remember I ate them all super quick. The outer layer was like a biscuit texture.

:upside_down_face:Sorry I almost didn’t post that picture because I knew I’d be of no help if anyone asked me a question :smile:

Yeah if I understand correct Sidecar would only put out a small batch daily right when they opened. But there were six or so when I went at 930 so I grabbed one. I’m guessing they’re open to making more during these times

1 Like

I actually like that Basil Egg Benedict it’s pretty damn good

1 Like

Yeah I was so happy when I saw it! Delicious!