Keeping Cantonese cooking alive.....Pearl River Delta/Deli and Needle

Sprouted cauliflower.

Yes, but I’d ask for the fattier cuts so that it’s more tender and flavorful. Yum. Been eating that BBQ Pork since 1973.

3 Likes
2 Likes

@JLee Pearl River Deli now has chicken soup and tomato egg! Soup is probably the most Canto thing to serve! Just about every Canto household has a pot of soup. Tomato Egg is the most popular homestyle dish for Chinese worldwide, even an ABC knows how to make this (ahem moi)

That is the epitome of home style cooking! All is missing is a plate of greens!

I am having trouble uploading some pics but check out the IG PRD stories for pics

4 Likes

Oh my god

7 Likes
3 Likes

Damn Needle is closed

2 Likes

Wow, that really sucks!

Yeah, I grew to really love that place and went a few times after the initial visit. Was planning on it again soon. Sucks. And there will be many more unfortunately…

1 Like

did they get corona’d? I hope to find a way to get at that char siu :frowning:

Maybe LA chefs can bring it back a decade, slanging top tier dishes out of their living rooms like the ol’ Starry Kitchen / Ludo Bites / LQ days.

2 Likes

Is there any list or message thread that reports on which Chinese restaurants are open for take out/delivery, and which ones have closed (temp or perm)? Was happy to be able to get a couple of pounds of BBQ Pork from Paul’s Kitchen for the weekend, but no one was answering the phone at Chinese Friends (prior to their afternoon break, so wasn’t able to get their Kung Pao Chicken, which I love eating since 1982).

Incidentally, Paul’s Kitchen is open for take out until about 6pm.

King Hua in Alhambra is closed temporarily. Litz in Monterey Park is open for takeout.

Litz’s Singaporean Noodle is the best stir fried noodle dish in SGV!

1 Like

Chuan in Temple City was closed last Sunday while Grand Harbor was still open (and offering $9.99 dinner specials), as were most of the other restaurants at the intersection of Las Tunas and Rosemead. But who knows what has happened since, particularly to the buffet and hotpot restaurants. Received an email today from Phoenix Inn saying they were open for takeout.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine who works in Westwood had to drive around for Chinese food for lunch. Moon House and Mr. Rice were both closed, while Hop Woo was open for to-go orders.

Like Kenny Roger said, “You Have to know when to fold…

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97UbzqBvn_/?igshid=if58s4hymu10

Needle closed. Sounds temporarily but you never know.

!

Picture above:
Top Row, L to R: Litz, Boba Avenue, Lake Spring, A & J Bakery
Bottom Row: Garden Bistro in Rowland Heights, Canaan Restaurant in Artesia and West Covina, Duck House, ???

Picture Above:
Top Row L to R: 888 Seafood, Garden Cafe (Alhambra), HK Cafe in San Gabriel, Bodhi Veggie Cuisine
Bottom Row L to R: Shanghailander (Hacienda Heights), Momo Bistro (Monrovia), Tea Bar (Asuza), Mama’s Kitchen (Arcadia)

Picture Above:
Top Row, L to R: JJ Cafe (Monterey Park), Ni Ni Bakery (Rowland Heights), Hai Di Lao (City of Industry), 101 Cafe (Diamond Bar)
Bottom Row, L to R: ??, Shanxi Noodle House (City of Industry), Seafood Palace (Monterey Park), Ding’s Garden (Rowland Heights)

From yesterday’s World Journal newspaper, 2nd to the last box on the very last row is Seafood Palace in Monterey Park that indicates they’re open for business, not shuttered as Eater LA reported.

11 Likes

Yeeeeeah boi.

18 Likes

It’s KROQ FTW…

2 Likes