Lacha somtum

IMO it’s Fern/Pla’s best dish. Might be the only place in the LA area to get it.

Per TonyC’s post, LAcha Somtum probably added it sometime in 2015. I haven’t had a chance to locate my old menus to see, but I don’t recall hot pot being there on my earlier visits. Then again, I was looking for other items. Even the ground catfish patty I had last time (with green apple salad on the side) is gone from the menu now.

The ground catfish/green apple is still there…I had it last week. I think it’s listed as crispy catfish salad or somesuch.

Yep, it’s on their online menu as:

SP8 CRISPY GROUNDED CATFISH SALAD
Crispy grounded catfish served with green apple, chili, onion and lime juice on the side.

2 Likes

Thanks Helen, somehow I managed to miss that :point_up_2: There are still some interesting and different items on the menu, just not some of the truly unique regional items that were on the specials board. It’s good to see that they still have some of the Lao dishes.

Ya know, they seem pretty excited whenever someone orders the Lao/Isaan dishes from the menu, and they’re not afraid to turn up the heat (while keeping the appropriate balance between sour, salty, sweet, etc. and not just making it spicy for the sake of making it spicy). Coupled with the rampant recent inconsistencies of Luv2eat (and realizing the regional specialties of the the two are completely different), I still think Lacha Somtum has promise.

1 Like