Legendary Fried Chicken & Nashville Hot Chicken Hits L.A. - Howlin' Ray's New Restaurant!

me too, i’ve got one pass still waiting to be used

Shhh…

Congrats @TheCookie! :slightly_smiling_face: Tip (when you use your Fast Pass):

• Show up about 10 - 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled pick-up time. That way, you let them know you’ve arrived, and as soon as they box it up, you’ll have your food ready to eat (and minimize the amount of “steaming” that’ll happen as they box your food to go). :wink:

It makes a big difference, and always try to eat it fresh (or some of it fresh if you have to take the rest to go). :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And of course I’m only seeing this now! Argh.

1 Like

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

Me too. :frowning: When @TheCookie mentioned it last night I was refreshing the Vault every 20 - 30 min or so, but it never opened. Oh well. They open it for Christmas / holiday season, hopefully they do one more round before then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t want you to yell at me @Chowseeker1999 but we wanted my fellow chicken lovin’ cousin to finally try HR, so we got this last order to go. We drove home with the boxes open (about 10-15 minutes). It was still crispy, incredibly good and cousin said it is the best chicken he’s ever had. :blush:

2 Likes

Oh wait! I did eat a tender in the car. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Oy the vault.

Yeah, just seeing this too.

I have one unused but I would’ve gotten another.

1 Like

Hi @TheCookie,

I couldn’t yell at you! :slight_smile: You did it the smart way (boxes open, so it won’t steam). :wink: So glad your cousin liked Howlin’ Rays!

1 Like

Note, you should book way in advance in you want prime day and time slot. Like 3 weeks or so after a Fast Pass drop.

4 Likes

Thanks for the pro tip

1 Like

I just saw this. Too late for today’s but they’re droppin’ them more frequently, maybe tomorrow. They’re trying to raise $$$ for the new store without investors. I got mine fast because they’re on alert in my IG account.
https://instagram.com/p/B3I-LOEBBsR/

1 Like

Argh… One of these days

3 Likes

Putting them on IG alert worked better for me than constantly checking the Vault.

I have both IG accounts on alerts but not checking my phone constantly. The other day I authorized payment to PayPal for 2 fast passes. By the time the transaction went though the fast passes were sold out. Heartbreaking :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a constant checker either. But I am kinda’ competitive and was determined to get that Fast Pass this time. :relaxed: I was just reading a comment in their IG page from a person who had the same problem as you. They were in the middle of buying one and they sold out. Crazy.

I keep missing it because of work and meetings…or the damn drive home.

3 Likes

Same here, but with CC

1 Like

aah! Missed it again. :frowning:

But yah as you say @TheCookie, sounds like they’re just doing these as fundraisers for their 2nd store. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

In case anybody is interested, I’ve checked Instagram 739 times today.

10 Likes