Let's talk about pandan

wow you had to drag that out 2 years to the date haha, so much has happened since then.

2 Likes

I can’t believe it’s been 2 years since then

Pandan coffee stout anybody?

2 Likes

I bet that’s pretty good. Especially since they are using fresh leaf not extract

Wanderlust just posted their new September flavors and one of them is salted egg kaya toast… with pandan!

6 Likes

Es Cendol at Simpang Asia: They are generous with the Pandan Jelly…

7 Likes

I’ve seen pandan waffles on a menu at Pho Saigon Pearl in Beverly Grove.

If you’re ever in the OC

6 Likes

Pandan Horchata and Banh Xeo sounds like a heavenly combo at Banh Xeo Boys

Thank you. Bookmarked for next trip to the OC.

Buko Pandan Stout from Harland Brewery in SD

5 Likes

I like this cake from B Sweet, but it doesn’t appear on their rotating menu often.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCy2o-rHZKa/

4 Likes

So my son does TKD and he has been training for nationals. He was in Hacienda Heights the last few nights and I was looking for a good dessert shop. Good luck finding a non Asian dessert shop off the 60 from Nogales to Hacidenda. Anyway I stumbled upon this place and didn’t think it was mentioned. I know nothing about Martabak but noticed the more popular dishes were Pandan Martabak and Triple C which looks like pandan, chocolate and peanut butter? It was closed but I have it bookmarked. These things look great.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/martabak-cafe-west-covina?osq=Pandan+Cake

3 Likes

This looks crazy

6 Likes

Looks like Wanderlust will be making pandan a permanent flavor (400+ comments so far) :yum:

4 Likes

Just ordered some Aurias Pandan Kaya. Will probably come in next week because of Christmas.

3 Likes

This looked great but alas Bahn Xeo Boys at 4th St Market was sold out. Would have been great to wash down some burritos and quesadillas from Burritos Las Palma.

6 Likes

I need to stop reading about politics. Read that headline as Lets talk about pardons :person_facepalming:

7 Likes

Cam the Chow-Pup (aka GouldandSalty) stops off for this whenever he visits. Often on the way from the airport…

2 Likes

The kaya is not overly sweet. Add a few slices of cold butter to your toast. A thicker white bread with the crusts off would be ideal.

The kaya is a little thin in comparison to the cheaper brand

1 Like