Lotus Dim Sum

Anyone who is allergic to shrimp has probably learned to be wary when ordering at Chinese restaurants.

Definitely not there.

What browser are you using?

did you mute the topic?

Safari.

If you load the topic, scroll down to the bottom, and it’s set to Tracking or Watching, your browser is the issue. I’ve found Safari unusable on my Mac, I use Firefox and have Chrome installed as a backup.

Borrowed an iPad which had never accessed FTC. Going to the Los Angeles board via Google Chrome, the original Lotus thread does not appear in the chronological listing of topics.

You mean Latest?

If the topic is set to Muted or Normal I don’t think it will appear.

Yes, latest, on somebody else’s iPad.

Have you checked whether it’s set to Muted or Normal rather than Tracking or Watching?

Like I said I used somebody else’s iPad and did not log in. So what I saw was what anyone who is not a registered user of FTC would see if they landed on the index page of latest Los Angeles FTC posts using Chrome.

At the moment, using Chrome on my iPad and not logged in, it’s the #4 topic in the default view of the LA category

Must be Gremlins. IPad not logged in using Chrome and iPhone logged in using Safari, does not appear. iPhone logged in using Chrome, it’s there.

Also PC using Firefox and logged in does not show.

Did you ever check the topic setting?

Always set to latest. Mac using Firefox and logged in does not appear. Mac using Chrome and not logged in does not appear.

No, the topic-level setting we’ve asked you about at least four times.

In my limited experience, there’s much greater chance, on the Westside, of at least one person in party of diners keeping “sorta-kosher”, keeping semi-kosher, declining to eat pork, declining to eat mammals (that’s my family’s rule), being pescatarian, or just being otherwise finicky about some particular ingredient.

It’s gremlins. Thread now visible on the iPad not logged in, both on Safari and Chrome.