Majordomo - Chinatown

(new) tuna tataki - honey, citrus, habanero

nice balance of fatty tuna with the kumquat and habanero.

(new) meati steak salad - market vegetables, macadamia, lemongrass

this dish reminded me of a sauceless nam prik ong with a bit more texture. the meati was nicely spiced and flavored, the fried nori rice crackers acted like chicharrones. this would go well in a bolognese or crispy taco.

(new) fried shrimp - salsa seca, walnuts, honey

this dish used to be with ox tails or fried potatoes, now it’s a fun play on honey walnut head-on and shell-on shrimp.

bs fries

(new) iberico pork - spring onion, fish sauce, lime

pork juicy and tender and just as good as the excellent pork chop that they did briefly, only thing missing was the fat cap. dipping sauce was like a thai crying tiger sauce, goes great with a bowl of :rice: wish there were more grilled onions.

(new) cheesecake - ume, cherry, nori

this was sitting on a bed of kinako and nori powder, not too sweet.

14 Likes

Those new dishes looks great. I’m excited to try the Meati. Signed up on the website but doesn’t look like it’s available in supermarkets right now.

4 Likes

Is meati a beyond meat type substitute?

1 Like
1 Like

Product ingredients

Meati Steak (Mushroom Root, Salt, Natural Flavor, Fruit Juice for Color, Oat Fiber, Vegetable Juice and Lycopene for Color) Seasoning Blend (Dehydrated Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Cilantro, Olive Oil, Natural Flavors, Extractives of Paprika).

The word “unprocessed” seems inappropriate here.

2 Likes

duck crispy rice sighting… at the bellagio :sob:

8 Likes

Easy flight to Vegas

I really enjoyed this. I didn’t tell anyone what it was when I ordered it, they just saw “steak”, so I asked for everyone’s opinion after. Everyone loved it. Then I told them it was mushroom based and they were all pretty shocked.

7 Likes

pork belly crispy :rice: sighting

6 Likes

Salsa seca with fried shrimp sounds like a nice variation.

2 Likes
1 Like

(new) dungeness crab salad, ginger, green almond, asparagus

sugar snap peas, horseradish, lemon vinaigrette

(off-menu special) duck breast, soubise, citrus

pavlova, citrus, shiso, brown butter

11 Likes

The Salsa Seca with Fried Shrimp was very good when I had it a couple weeks ago.
The shrimp was fried similar to Lotus of Siam with crispy shells and head. Our bartender mentioned that the flavor was inspired by Japanese/Korean snacks. Sort of tasted like a combination of furikake and honey sesame crackers.

1 Like

I went here recently, and while it’s pretty good the prices are absolute insanity.

There is no universe where that wagyu zabuton was worth $82, but those fries were delicious. Just not worth it for me based on other places I’ve been to that have similar prices

You may not find it a good value, but where can you find one much cheaper?

It’s not the cut of meat, I just didn’t find anything special with how they flavored or did anything to the steak. Had much better steaks in the 55-70 price range so was expecting to be “wow’d”.

I’d rather go to Republique or a Nancy Silverton restaurant if I’m paying higher end prices

(the crab salad from above was delicious though)

My point is that that steak dish is expensive because that cut costs a lot, not because Majordomo’s prices are higher than other restaurants. Generally wagyu seems like a bad value to me.

Happy hour Monday-Friday 5-7 pm.

Very intrigued

7 Likes

Interesting but also concerning when a top tier restaurant starts a random hh seems like death alert :skull: :rotating_light: but hopefully not.

1 Like