Majordomo - Chinatown

Or it was a plumbing emergency or the like and they got it sorted out quickly.

Or no one made reservations that night, so they just decided to take the night off. :rofl:

1 Like

Or some baller just made a last minute buyout. It’s LA you never know.

How does that work? Do they kick out all pre-existing reservations for the mere mortals that night?

They probably have the host offer to reschedule or they may possibly still take their tables but if the buyout is for the patio or interior then those who still are allowed to come might be served in the area not taken by the party.

Another social occasion so few and sometimes bad photos.

Bounty Bowl was great, especially some big purple sugar snap peas, pickled Tokyo turnips, and the koji mascarpone.

Peanuts were nude and potatoes were diced. Still great but I missed the unavoidable mess of the shells and/or oxtails (which were on just the other day).

Spicy lamb bing slightly different but still great.

I usually hate sugar snap peas but fresh horseradish is a genius way to make them good.

Dungeness crab mafaldine with tomalley FTW. This could have been the highlight of a meal at a first-rate Italian meal or a baller banquet at a high-end Cantonese place.

Duck rice, so good. What’s Dave’s favorite Persian place in LA and what does he order besides tahdig?

With a delightfully refreshing kakigori this was the right amount of food for three people. My pals took a little of the duck home.

I don’t know how a restaurant could be better than this. It’s not just consistently delicious, original food with deep roots in many traditions; a comfortable, beautiful, welcoming environment; and consistently polished yet friendly service: it’s also a whole lot of fun.

9 Likes

Lobster or crab?

That pasta dish looks incredible. How does it compare to Republique’s version?

1 Like

i would order that duck rice just for myself. one of my favorite dishes there.

1 Like

Oops, right, Dungeness.

In Battle Mafaldine, I give the nod to Republique. Ours at Majordomo was fine but didn’t measure up (IMO).

2 Likes

had another great dinner here, but wanted to highlight the always outstanding service. the servers are well trained, professional, friendly and warm and actually seem like they enjoy being there. on to the food.

chickpea hozon
smooth, creamy, savory with a subtle sweetness and some heat.

(new) diver scallops, cucumber, serrano, yuzu
i really liked this over the previous version with the apple dashi. this was sweet and refreshing with a bit of heat.

tapioca lo mein, chinese broccoli, garlic, krill
love the tiny krill they sprinkle on top to give this dish a punch of umami, delicious.

roasted duck crispy rice, citrus, dates, turnips, black tea infused duck broth
If you like duck and you like rice and you like crispy, this can’t be fucking beat. currently my favorite dish at majordomo and in la. the duck is softer than the 76ers defense and tender AF, like a perfectly medium rare prime rib. the rice is also outstanding, moist and crispy at the same time. the server mentioned they might be swapping this dish out soon so if you like duck and haven’t tried it yet (@Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @attran99, @A5KOBE, @Bookwich) time may be running out.

banana chocolate mousse
this tasted more intensely of banana than an actual banana

harry’s berries, mulberries, burrata cream, matcha salt
harry’s was delicious as always but the candy sweet mulberries stole the show, wow. #fuckingfruitonaplate

9 Likes

might have to go by myself and eat at the bar and order the duck. it’s been a month since i’ve had it.
i totally agree its one of the best things on the menu,

1 Like

Damn. I need to rally the troops. I just saw them last week and we agreed Bavel and A trip to see Leo in Altadena would be our next trips out. May need to change to Majordomo instead.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

Got a load of those mulberries in my backyard right now. Truly they are nature’s candy.

3 Likes

I was tempted to order the berries just for the mulberries. Don’t get offered those very often.

I was thinking the same thing!!! I’m tired of waiting for other people. Delicious @PorkyBelly! That banana dessert sounds like the perfect banana dessert for me, because I like banana but not banana. :slight_smile: Do I get a prize for how many times I say banana?

3 Likes

Of course you do. Do the chickens get to indulge?

@TheCookie You want to go together?

2 Likes