Majordomo - Chinatown

had another great dinner here, but wanted to highlight the always outstanding service. the servers are well trained, professional, friendly and warm and actually seem like they enjoy being there. on to the food.

chickpea hozon
smooth, creamy, savory with a subtle sweetness and some heat.

(new) diver scallops, cucumber, serrano, yuzu
i really liked this over the previous version with the apple dashi. this was sweet and refreshing with a bit of heat.

tapioca lo mein, chinese broccoli, garlic, krill
love the tiny krill they sprinkle on top to give this dish a punch of umami, delicious.

roasted duck crispy rice, citrus, dates, turnips, black tea infused duck broth
If you like duck and you like rice and you like crispy, this can’t be fucking beat. currently my favorite dish at majordomo and in la. the duck is softer than the 76ers defense and tender AF, like a perfectly medium rare prime rib. the rice is also outstanding, moist and crispy at the same time. the server mentioned they might be swapping this dish out soon so if you like duck and haven’t tried it yet (@Chowseeker1999, @TheCookie, @attran99, @A5KOBE, @Bookwich) time may be running out.

banana chocolate mousse
this tasted more intensely of banana than an actual banana

harry’s berries, mulberries, burrata cream, matcha salt
harry’s was delicious as always but the candy sweet mulberries stole the show, wow. #fuckingfruitonaplate

9 Likes

might have to go by myself and eat at the bar and order the duck. it’s been a month since i’ve had it.
i totally agree its one of the best things on the menu,

1 Like

Damn. I need to rally the troops. I just saw them last week and we agreed Bavel and A trip to see Leo in Altadena would be our next trips out. May need to change to Majordomo instead.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

Got a load of those mulberries in my backyard right now. Truly they are nature’s candy.

3 Likes

I was tempted to order the berries just for the mulberries. Don’t get offered those very often.

I was thinking the same thing!!! I’m tired of waiting for other people. Delicious @PorkyBelly! That banana dessert sounds like the perfect banana dessert for me, because I like banana but not banana. :slight_smile: Do I get a prize for how many times I say banana?

3 Likes

Of course you do. Do the chickens get to indulge?

@TheCookie You want to go together?

2 Likes

Sure!

2 Likes

You have a mulberry tree?? I didn’t know we could grow those here.

I would love to share that duck rice with a couple friends, all convivial.

But when I look at those scallops? I get greedy and want to sit at the bar by myself so I can eat them all, by myself.

3 Likes

Okay, we’ll let you have all of them.

1 Like

@PorkyBelly, the Majordomo cupid.

2 Likes

I do have a rezy for a party of 3 on May 11th at 8:15PM. :thinking:

2 Likes

You need some friends to join you?

1 Like

that’s the work of christina tosi. waits until bananas go completely black and shrunken before using them. i do that now then mix with peanut butter, whip and freeze and eat like soft serve.

2 Likes

Sure can. My backyard Pakistani mulberries (above), compared with Persian mulberries from the Santa Monica Farmer’s Market (below)…

#somemulberriesarebiggerthanothers

And yes, I am now the official backyard mulberry supplier to Shunji Japanese Cuisine.

9 Likes

Hate to be that guy . . .
But those sad berries on the bottom are also a Pakistani cultivar. They are a white Pakistani cultivar. Unfortunately, even at the SMFM, a lot of the Pakistani mulberries are underripe, dry, and lackluster.

YOUR mulberries look amazing!

2 Likes

I had no idea they were a backyard tree. I thought mulberries were a specialty crop that only professionals could grow properly in our climate. Now I want to plant mulberries! Thank you.