Majordomo - Chinatown

To bring this back on track–I’m going to eat in person at Majordomo for the first time in a few weeks. I’ve been trying to decide whether it’s worth the APL short rib dish, or if I should go for other things on my first time. Any views?

1 Like

Yes you should. But you’ll need at least a party of 4 or you’ll either only be eating the APL ribs or have tons of leftovers.

1 Like

We’ve got 4. My only slight concern is we won’t really have room for much else, as only one of us is a big eater. I guess there are worse things than lots of leftovers. The two other big format dishes I saw posted here over time that looked great–the salmon donabe and the duck crispy rice–seem to be unavailable now.

It’s not as much meat as you would think. The bones take up a lot of space and the fried rice is great. Are they still not doing the BS Fries with raclette?

You can squeeze in 1-2 bings and 2 salads/sides to share.

4 Likes

From a customer’s pov, constantly changing a menu isn’t necessarily “game changing” either if it’s at the cost of consistency and execution.

1 Like

I found it interesting they dropped the “APL” from the name :thinking:

2 Likes

yes it is.

2 Likes

Finally had the whole plate short rib. It was really good. The rice was better the next day.

4 Likes

This was a fantastic post by @JLee regarding the food at Majordomo, no clue why it got deleted.

If you’re planning on ordering the whole short rib, I’d recommend letting them know a day or so before so you’re ensured one. They have been known to sell out…and the leftovers are delicious!
I also recommend the salads and vegetable dishes. It’s so lovely when folks put as much thought and care into vegetables as they do proteins.

5 Likes

Had short rib twice definitely get it!

1 Like

Lol I had a lot of thoughts about that post but I shall refrain. Glad we live in a city where PRD and Majordomo both can exist. That’s what I’ll say.

4 Likes

The online reservation form includes (or used to) an option to reserve a plate rib.

It was never in the name, it just said “APL-style” in the blurb, which started out much longer.

It’s APL’s technique and he consulted on it and trained the staff, but Majordomo uses a galbi-style marinade.

2 Likes

glad to see the menu getting big again!

Have a double visit this week for Domo - friend’s bday tonight - then a wine dinner on Saturday. Gonna eat my weight in lettuce, tomatoes, squash, corn crispy rice

6 Likes

no bing, butter and honey?

I enjoyed the corn crispy rice

the crispy crispy

15 Likes

Corn and rice are just bread!

8 Likes

Socornrrat alert!

5 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Best bread in a restaurant?

The best “free” bread is at Joel Robuchon. :microphone:

4 Likes

The sfincione at Felix is also really good…

Holy Cow has a decent rendition of this. :slight_smile:

I know I must’ve had them, but I have no sense memory for them…

Do they everyone a loaf of brioche as they exit, or was it just me? :smiley: I LOVED the huge a$$ bread cart…

2 Likes