May 2021 Rundown

I’m looking forward to having a martini at Musso and Frank!

Would rather eat in nearby Thai Town, but loving having a cocktail at the bar! The food is a little too old school for me.

6 Likes

Which one is your favorite brisket?

The bars that are at table level are open, and it looks like you can walk in or reserve. The stand up bar is not available yet. Happy martini.

Sounds great. That is so much easier.

1 Like

If you’re out there take advantage!

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to do a return trip to Austin to do the bbq. It’s been quite a few years and I know more people there now too…

In case you missed this thread over at the Texas board we we talked about Snow’s. I also found my old CH trip report

2 Likes

At what temp?

Zacatecas Restaurant in Hawthorne on Inglewood Ave . Funny, there’s another restaurant called Mi Zacatecas unrelated, down the street.

Super Crispy Carnitas

Grilled shrimp

Salsa that’s good enough to be a beverage

13 Likes

Haha, a good mex restaurant tableside salsa is almost like a gazpacho.

1 Like

Haven’t been to Zacatecas since I changed jobs. Man I miss that place. The guys running the place are the nicest and the carnitas is bomb.

3 Likes

Ba le west minister. Dac biet and egg w/ bacon.

So good.

15 Likes

Tesse. No chestnut soup this season but still a ton of good stuff. Favorite may have been the drink Speakerboxx. Yuzu foam was just perfect.

11 Likes

When Tijuana met Chengdu… The week-long “Pop Off L.A.” festival, brought to life by Andy Wang and Crystal Coser, culminates with a delicious collaboration featuring Chef Jorge “Joy” Alvarez (Tacos 1986) and Sichuan master Chef Yu Bo at Majordomo in Chinatown. Sichuan hot & sour black cod and jicama tostadas, peppercorn trompo in sesame-scallion corn tortillas, as well as David Chang’s classic Bing Board - It was all tasty beyond belief… Thanks for joining me in supporting the cause @chrishei

24 Likes

Gregory Doyen yuzu tart @ collab with Milla chocolates.

12 Likes

Egg tarts and assorted cookies from Paderia in Santa Monica. Tarts are vastly improved from a few minutes in the oven, cookies were almost scone-like. We’ll be back.

14 Likes

Did you pick up any condiments? The mayo is out of this world good

1 Like

Nope but I will make note to try it next time!

You should take the angle with the delicate gold flakes (just as a touch) on top. :wink:

3 Likes

Badamos Pizza, Pittsburgh

So good. This and Angelo’s South Philly are some of the best I’ve had so far.

11 Likes

My house is celebrating the passing of SB805 with dinner out tonight! The Significant Eater prefers low cost establishments and really likes vegetarian or vegan options. Alcohol isn’t needed - does anyone know if HP Pho Ga Bac Ninh is back to inperson and if it’s worth a drive?

We live in Boyle Heights and have Mexican a lot, as well as east LA area burger stands. (He gets breakfast sandwiches and current favorite is First Street Burgers)

4 Likes