New York updates?

All of the $0.99 pizza places raised their prices to $1.50. I’ve never been that desperate to try a $0.99 slice but how bad it could really be?

I went to Ippudo instead of Margon but thats on my list. Will add Ootoya and Poseidon to my work list as well. When I’m in NYC I’m going for the real cheesecake like Juniors. Why have any self control just eat pizza, Italian, bagels and cheesecake.

That looks very good. How does it compare to their flagship location on Carmine St. and their 14th St. location near 3rd Ave., if you’ve been to those?

Definitely not as good as I remember compared to the Bleecker St/Carmine St location. But it’s been 4 years since I’ve been to Joes. There are a lot more pre made pies at Broadway and 40th since this is a tourist locale. I walked by one night around 7pm and there was a line of ~40/50 people.

But since I’m originally from Queens I will say pizza in Manhattan palls I’m comparison to pizza from Queens and Brooklyn. Haven’t been to Staten Island much so can’t compare these slices. The pizza in Manhattan has gotten much better since I moved but there are a bunch of local not well known neighborhood spots in Queens that are better than Joes.

Eh! You left out da Bronx! There is some great pizza to be had here, too: Louie & Ernie’s on Crosby Ave.: www.louieanderniespizza.com
The pizza that’s not on the menu at venerable Mario’s, Arthur Ave: www.mariosarthurave.org

1 Like

Thanks. But don’t forget that Patsy’s is still in Manhattan. :slight_smile: (I haven’t been there in several years, but I imagine they’re the same as ever.)

@Pan We’ve been to Joe’s Pizza on 14th Street once. When I checked my Flickr, I discovered it was 11 years ago! Time does fly…. We were lucky as they were just taking a pie out of the oven. We got a couple of slices. Since there were no tables, we ate standing at a counter along one wall. The pizza was outstanding! The best of that style we’d ever had. We never went back because we prefer to eat pizza sitting at a table especially if we’re going to order several slices or a whole pie.

It’s still good. And you still have to stand.

Glad the pizza is still good. No surprise that you still have to stand as the space is too small to accommodate tables. At this point, it doesn’t matter since we aren’t eating inside at any place that serves food.

This sounds like you’ll bring a picnic to Macys or something. :smile:

2 Likes

Anyone been to Hainan Chicken House in Brooklyn? Seems like my kind of chef.