Papilles Bistro

dinner required at MC :frowning: pretty excited for papilles again… maybe we’ll have some drinks with Santos like last time.

really? i dont know… i like my indian traditional

plus i make killer curries at home (like below this weekend), mostly prefer to go out for french/italian/spanish on dates

granted this is burmese but i still want to brag real quick because it was killer (pok pok recipe)

http://imgur.com/a/cgMhi

Badmaash does Indian traditional very solidly, but have you even given their stuff a shot?

I would not go there for curries per se, the cooking in general is just very underrated imo. Nothing else like the tikka poutine anywhere else in the city. Just saying, if you want to give something odd/new a whirl haha

I’m not 100% how sure it would be as a date spot, but you ever been to Osso? Surprisingly great pasta, and really great cocktails for $12.

You been to Baroo, Dudley Market, Charcoal yet? (Or Kali or Wolf?) haha

I agree I have to try Badmaash, it’s been on my radar for a while. Baroo is necessary immediately, dying to go. Don’t know the other ones, researching. Thanks vm

Magic Castle for the win. The food is below average banquet fare, but wandering around the castle for hours on end with a cocktail in hand and good company can’t be beat. Hell of a great time.

Magic castle.

yes we did it fairly recently for the first time but was with 2 other couples so we’d like to go back alone and do what we want

Where they any good? I actually haven’t been to either, just kind of curious haha

Charcoal is superb though (I think that’s well known) and Dudley has been getting incredible reviews from my insiders + J Gold.

sorry, bad replying… i was talking about Magic castle, no i look forward to the ones you mentioned.

I mean come on guys…

4 Likes

Wow what is that? Looks like a dish out of fatty duck.

it does?

it is a sea-urchin dish… it’s on a bed of pea puree

Poor man’s ugly bunch?

You mean The Fat Duck?

This used to be a big time favorite of ours. Does anyone have any recent experiences?

I haven’t been back since chef Tim left

Same. Wonder if it’s still good

They’re doing a brunch now. Think we’ll go

Per management, Papilles will be transitioning to For the Win Burgers.

Papilles had a good run. This place was beloved by many locals and non-locals for the great majority of its time, serving solid quality bistro fare at very good prices.

7 Likes

Have you had the burger or patty melt yet?

Does Papile Gustative have any connection to the old Papilles?