Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

6 Likes

Ahh, if that is the case, then I’m inclined to delete my post. Carry on everyone. Let’s check back in with the pork chop bun once they can get bone-in chops again. This is good to know.

Lots of specials for the weekend. Too much to choose from :sweat_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGGSxvlhuLh/?igshid=1adpecfwoaxmm

6 Likes

Downhill alert, don’t go here anymore.

/s

5 Likes

roast chicken
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGJxBVBDezj/

9 Likes

this was a tasty ass chicken. uncovered and ate this right away to preserve the crispness. meat was juicy and moist, fat nicely rendered, and the skin had a slight crisp to it. if I had to complain it could have been a bit crispier, but overall it was very good.

PXL_20201010_234200120

PXL_20201010_234333196.PORTRAIT-01.COVER

PXL_20201010_234303911.PORTRAIT-01.COVER

PXL_20201010_234543784.PORTRAIT-01.COVER

18 Likes

apologies for the skin not being as crispy as it should have been. As soon as it comes off from the wok after oil blanching the skin is quite amazingly crispy but the problem is that not serving it right away is a losing battle no matter what. Not sure if there is a better way to ensure it arrives at optimal texture except maybe have the customer wait upon arrival to fry it.

11 Likes

I don’t know how the general population would take it, but I think most of us on FTC would not mind that at all. :slight_smile:

Also, I think we also understand that there’s just not going to be anyway for it to be as crispy as when served immediately, given the circumstances. Still looks amazing, though.

2 Likes

Inquiring minds wanna’ know! And yeah the gorgeous color of that chicken skin is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I could live with this.

ha, far from it, i just play one on ftc. i’m using my phone as always.

and welcome to the board.

5 Likes

Anyone joined the club today?

Dark meat was absolute perfection. Smooth as a baby’s butt.

9 Likes

did you pick up the bucket of chicken fat?

2 Likes

I can’t cook to save my life so I have no use for those tubs of gold.

Did i miss something? Chicken fat!? What volume for how much…

yes, he’s selling rendered chicken fat/schmaltz thats been rendered with some ginger and scallions. its in small deli containers in the deli case so no need to pre-order. not sure of the price. but it’s the same thing he fluff’s his rice with for that chicken flavor.

4 Likes

6 Likes

@JLee at Anjak for Taco Tuesday

7 Likes

I would totally buy this.

1 Like

Ginger scallion matzo ball soup anyone? So many possibilities with this stuff!

3 Likes

I know, right? :hearts::blush::hearts:

1 Like