Pearl River Deli - Chinatown

I’m gonna steal @chrishei ’s fake internet points by sharing his private kitchen preview meal: Chris Hei on Instagram: "@pearlriverpk menu development loading…"

5 Likes

is this a thing that can be ordered?!!

11 Likes

Canto Fried Chicken

1 Like

Summavich.

2 Likes

I missed the pork chop bun every other day. Today is one of those days. :sob:
urgh flashback of the perfection :sob:

15 Likes

29 posts were split to a new topic: Hainan chicken rice: threat or menace

PRD does a good job — juicy and flavorful chicken.

1 Like

Fried Hainan Chicken. Resistance is futile.

Char Sui.

At 12:45.

18 Likes

Now youre talkin’!!! that I can get into!!!

Fried hainan chicken today was delicious, but turns out I’m more of a classic guy. Didn’t want to be gluttonous today, but that was a mistake. I should have doubled up with an order of char sui.

3 Likes

Is it batter fried?

I believe some sort of cornstarch batter if I had to guess.

1 Like

I’m excited that my holiday visit to LA this year coincides with prd being opened. Really bummed last year that my trip dates were exactly the dates the restaurant was on its winter break. As I was checking dates just now, I was surprised prd is basically only open for weekend lunch. I was hoping to have dinner before hopping on the flyaway bus to LAX.

Is prd a shared space? Open on the other days or in the evenings for another venture?

3 Likes

It is not a shared space but JLee does host popups there like a ramen pop up last Sunday night.

3 Likes

He also does buy outs / private dinners in the evenings

3 Likes

currently PRD is just serving lunch, this week they’re only open Fri and Sat, Sun they’re closed. Menu is really small since he is the only one making the food, Hainan Chicken, Fried Hainan chicken, Char siu and a really good Chinese no-chicken salad.
Check their IG for other updates. (they usually post specials on their stories, if there’s something new) Try to go early since they usually sell out

4 Likes

rip. again.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2ztZOqu9c7/

9 Likes

Damn.

Someone give this man a lot of money to cook the food he wants to cook!

Hell, I was hoping we could do an FTC buyout with him after the Sei dinner.

3 Likes

This is so sad :frowning: one big reason I moved to the neighborhood was because of that bolo pork chop bun sandwich. Between this and Angry Egret’s closure, that pocket is just not the same :confused:

7 Likes

Rip prd @JLee best of luck on your new ventures

14 Likes